How many clutches can females lay per year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello beloved scaly parents :)

Just curious as to how often a female dragon can lay clutches during the spring/summer portion of the year. My female laid 2 clutches this year (one week apart total 30 ish eggs its difficult to count because she smashed a couple of them in her tank) and I want to know what the norm is so I'd keep my eyes peeled.

Thanks! Hope you guys have a great day!

~Mori

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Mori,

I don't know if there is a norm really since all females are different but I would keep an eye out for another clutch just in case.
There is a thread going on right now where someone's female is on clutch 4 of the year. And another member posted that years ago he had 8 clutches in 1 year from a female. 8 is definitely not the norm, but shows that the numbers can be all over the place!

Personally all my females have only ever had 1 or 2 clutches a year if any at all unless I was breeding them.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom