Diarrhea, stress lines, sleeping a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sizzle

Hello

My beardie Fred has been having runny/mucusy stools for a while now and I need to get to the bottom of it. I have sent in a fecal sample which came back negative for parasite. He does not like crickets at all so his main source of protein has been horn worms and I also provide salads. Salad consists of collard greens/dandelion greens, (Whichever is in stock), sometimes kale, bell peppers, etc. I honestly don't think it's the salads as he doesn't really like veggies and therefore doesn't eat too much of it. I use Calcium + vitamin d3 a couple times a week (He's VERY picky and will usually refuse food with the supplements on them so it's hit or miss how often he gets it). I also have a multivitamin supplement but have the same issue as the calcium/d3.

He is 2 years old, ~17-18 inches from tail to snout, currently in a 40gallon enclosure (in the process of making a larger one), basking temps are around 105f, cool side around 75-80f, reptile carpet as substrate, 36" reptisun 10.0 uvb recently switched.

He spends the majority of the day sleeping in his hide unless I take him out and put him in his basking spot where he will generally stay for the remainder of the day. If I do not put him there he would likely stay in his hide from dawn to dusk. When I wake him from sleeping he does not have stress lines but shortly after waking him, his stress lines will go very dark. I try to take him out for at least 30 minutes per day for exercise/socializing.

I can't think of too much more relevant info but if I missed anything, let me know.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Have you tried dubias? I would recommend them 2 x per week-- there is a nutrition website on the feeding board- look there for more variety- his basking temp might be too high - you can try lowering to 95-100 and see if that helps- do you have a gradient area for basking w/ different temps? Horn worm s are a hydrating worm so that could be the reason for the runny stool-- try out the dubias and see if that helps you can order them on line if you don't have a pet store or reptile store in your area
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom