Leg Thumping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notta

Today I noticed that my beardie is thumping his front leg on the ground every little while. Kinda like how rabbits thump there legs. If you ever seen a cricket bite the foot of your beardie and they quickly slap it on the floor a few times its like that. Hes about 3 months old, eating fine, pooping fine, except he hasnt pooped yet today for some reason, probably the diet of wax / mealworms im feeding him until the crickets get here today or tomorrow. he has a reptisun 10.0 uvb hood, the temps of his basking spot and tank are fine, 40 gal tank. Oh and his legs are pale like they are about to shed. I give him calcium powder with every meal, and once a week I give him d3 and multivit since his light gives enough uvb to not need d3 with every meal. This might be a health question but I think that hes healthy so im not sure.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If his legs are shedding i'd imagine it is that. If he had injured his leg or foot I doubt he would be thumping it to the ground. He is most likely just annoyed with the shedding, or it feels odd and he's doing that.

See if it stops after he is done shedding, but that's what I'd put my money on :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom