Runny poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salai

Hello,
I’m not a newbie, since this is my second beardie, but I need an advice on his poop.
His name’s Rango and he has had a runny poop for about a week now... I bath him twice or trice a week, so I think it may just be the water his body does not need.
His tank is fine and checked by a professional, so his setup is not an issue here...
I woul appreciate your opinion tough.
And, just to keep you updated, we’re going to the vet tomorrow, so think I’d ask her too.

-Salai

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of lighting is in the tank? You said the his tank is fine---- what kind of lighting is in the tank -- brand and bulb--- ? their digestion depends on the lighting basking temps etc------------ what are you feeding him? I dont think the bathing is causing the runny poop / they will have extra water come out w/ the poop but it should not be runny
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Runny poos are caused by a few things.

Improper temperatures
Changes in diet
Diet high in water content (eg hornworms, certain fruits)
Stress (shedding, improper lighting, scary experience)
Or parasites.

Of course there are other causes, but these are the most common reasons.

I'd work your way down the list top to bottom and go from there.

-Brandon

Salai

Original Poster
He is going trough a shading fase now, so it could be it?
And I am also feeding him a lot of veggies, he is one and a half years old...
And water also comes with the poop/ beside it... so I also thought it could be that...

-Salai

Salai

Original Poster
About the temperatures, I’m not from US so... I don’t think degrees Celsius are going to help...
But, I talked to my breeder recently and he said my lighting and temperatures are great. And I also texted to my vet, that confirmed his claims.
I am feeding him crickets and mealworms... veggies, fruit...

-Salai

Salai

Original Poster
I checked again, just to be sure_________ his temperatures are fine...I do appreciate the worry for my dragons well-being, but the temperatures are not a problem.
Probably just the shedding and his veggie-full diet...
Thank you for your opinions, it means a lot.

-Salai

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well I'm very capable of converting c to f. But if you dont want to mention your temp that is fine :) I was just giving you a list to go through yourself so you could try to come up with your own solution.

Shedding definitely can cause loose stools. But if liquid is also coming out he might be over hydrated depending on what his salads consist of.

Either way, it's nothing to really worry about as long as hes seemingly healthy otherwise and your husbandry is up to par.

-Brandon

Salai

Original Poster
Not a problem about mentioning his temps:
Basking spot: 40.7 to 41.2 degree Celsius
Shade: 27 to 28.5 degrees Celsius
It’s not that but I have had a bad experience w converting c to f and my previous beardie almost had a stroke because of some friend of mine, who had a beardie( he’s from US)
gave me the wrong data about the temps...claiming he can convert c to f...so yeah... I’m a little sceptical about it...
But as I said, I really appreciate the effort to help.:)

-Salai

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah your temps should be fine!

Like mentioned, I wouldn't worry about it especially if hes shedding right now. See how he does after hes done shedding :)

Sorry about your past experience :(

-Brandon

Salai

Original Poster
Again, thank you for replying, now you know why I avoid talking about exact temps...

-Salai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom