Open Sore

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanthaRed

Hey guys! I have a bearded dragon, Red Foreman who has had an open sore on his head for a while. I’ve looked everywhere for a prognosis for it but I’m drawing a blank? Any ideas for treatment/prognosis ? Thanks !
105125-5966920401.jpg

SamanthaRed

Original Poster
KarrieRee":188u63n8 said:
What caused it? It almost looks like it got burned
Karrie

A few months ago it started as a black spot that looked like a scab and slowly the scab fell off and the area was pink underneath. After that it slowly started growing and there’s been yellowing around the area.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like infection-- I would get him into the vet ASAP+- do you have a reptile vet in your area?
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, do you have a pic of the scab before it fell off ? For now you can use some betadine on it , mix with about 10 parts water to look like iced tea. After it dries put some unpasteurized honey on it, it does wonders on all sorts of wounds. If you see a vet be sure they deal with reptiles or you may get a wrong diagnosis.

BTW, does his epaulet [ shoulder pad ] have a wound or it it just black right now because he doesn't feel so well ?

SamanthaRed

Original Poster
I don’t have any pictures from before but his shoulder pads have been dark since the day I got him 4 years ago. His attitude hasn’t changed, he’s still a lazy bastard. Closest reptile vet is 5 hours away and I’m quite broke right now. Has anyone seen anything like this before ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you get a few more pics of it ? It may be a fungal infection which sometimes form a crusty scab + then fall off. You can still use the treatment I mentioned for the time being. If it gets worse you might have to make that trip to the vet in the future though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom