Is my beardie gravid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
I’ve had my beardie for a few months and everything has gone pretty well, but she hasn’t pooped in like 2 weeks. She’s never laid eggs for me so I don’t know what to expect, but could she be gravid? I give her collard/mustard greens, other veggies, and superworms but if she doesn’t poop soon i’m gonna go buy baby food. She is fed every other day and feeders a few times a week, I just cut down her feedings maybe a month ago. Any advice appreciated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have an idea of how old she is? I know you got her from a school and may not have a full history. Has she been acting restless or digging? If not, something else may be at play. Is she losing any weight? Showing signs of an oncoming shed or something like that?

aritashakkori

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2qtinr40 said:
Do you have an idea of how old she is? I know you got her from a school and may not have a full history. Has she been acting restless or digging? If not, something else may be at play. Is she losing any weight? Showing signs of an oncoming shed or something like that?

I have no clue how old she is, but she hasn’t had any weird behavior apart from glass surfing for like a second after I gave her a bath. And I don’t think she’s going into a shed... so I have no idea what it is. She’s fairly overweight and I don’t think she’s losing any...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the lighting in the tank? Brand and bulb? Is it in tank or on top of screen?
Karrie

aritashakkori

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1ruj7orr said:
What is the lighting in the tank? Brand and bulb? Is it in tank or on top of screen?
Karrie

I have a T8 mounted in her tank and a basking bulb on the outside. I don’t know what brand but I believe it’s hot enough

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How are you taking basking temps? They should be taken w/ a infrared heat gun as they are the most accurate--- are you taking them at all?
Karrie

aritashakkori

Original Poster
KarrieRee":24c7ovb9 said:
How are you taking basking temps? They should be taken w/ a infrared heat gun as they are the most accurate--- are you taking them at all?
Karrie

I was taking them with what I think is called a thermometer probe, the one with a little screen and a cord with a little probe on the end. Her temps were fine (around 100 in basking spot) but I got another reptile and had to move lights around, so i’ll go check it today.

aritashakkori

Original Poster
KarrieRee":16369gfz said:
Another reptile????? Dragon? Is it in same tank?
Karrie

No I got a chameleon!! They’re completely separate I just moved my lights around. And I just checked the basking temp, it’s 90 degrees but the lights just turned on so it should get hotter.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
yes --- temps should be around 95-105 or so for good digestion-- I would invest in a IR temp gun they are the most accurate - they are around $10 from Walmart Home Depot or Lowes
Karrie

aritashakkori

Original Poster
KarrieRee":238sk0bh said:
yes --- temps should be around 95-105 or so for good digestion-- I would invest in a IR temp gun they are the most accurate - they are around $10 from Walmart Home Depot or Lowes
Karrie

Okay ill do that ASAP. How can I get her to use the bathroom?

aritashakkori

Original Poster
Hi again, update on my baby. After like 3 days of massaging, spoon feeding baby food and olive oil, and warm baths, she finally pooped twice. However she’s still glass surfing. I have no idea how to tell if she’s gravid because there’s no other symptoms, I just don’t know why she’s doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom