Dragon Size/Weight Variations

Status
Not open for further replies.

cger

I know this topic has been covered a lot. My Dragon, Paiso is on a much smaller side. He is going to be 5 months old in 3 days and I have had him for exactly 90 days. When I got him, he was 2 months old and did weigh 9 grams. He is 11.5 inches long now but weighs only 74 grams. He looks and acts like a normal healthy Dragon, has a great simple setup, lightning, heat, UVB all setup the way should be. He eats pretty well every day, Dubias, Superworms, greens with veggies. I weigh him obsessively, pretty much every other day and have been keeping a log of his growth and food intake since the beginning.
According to my notes exactly 30 days ago when he was 4 months old, he was only 35 grams, today he is 74 grams, so it seems like he is gaining weight pretty well. He just happens to be a small dude.
I wonder if his small size is related to a specific morph? He is a Super Citrus Leatherback Hypo and he should be completely yellow when he is fully grown as his parents are.
Does someone have any specific information about that. I was not able to find anything. I just want to make sure he is doing well.

cger

Original Poster
Here are few photos, he is quite bigger now since they were taken about 2 weeks ago.

105103-929315249.jpg

105103-234834948.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, some dragons get off to a slow start like this but he is by no means stunted. He looks healthy, alert and over all in great condition. No need to worry, keep up the good work. :) The faster growing beardies are not always the healthiest or the longest lived.

cger

Original Poster
AHBD, thank you for you response. I'll just keep what I'm doing and not worry.
He is looking pretty good and is always very alert and busy when I let him out to play.
78 grams this morning.

105103-7765611568.jpg

105103-3598174639.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Agreed, he looks very healthy.
And boy is he a beauty! You need to make him a thread so we can all follow along with his life and see all his pictures! :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, he is definitely NOT stunted. He looks marvelous, very colorful & healthy. :D
He is such a cutie. Letting him out to run & play is great for him so he can grow his
strength & interact with you & the family.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom