Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He went to the bathroom after about a week or more of not going. He went some in his tank and it was green and the urate was hard like a rock. It smelled horrible and not like his feces normally does. I put him in bath afterwards because he smelled bad and he went more in there. I couldn’t tell if it was still watery or not because it was in water but the first stuff to come out was green and then the rest of it was brown. The green stuff was the only thing that smelled terrible. The brown stuff smelt normal as far as I can tell. I would have taken a picture of it if it had crossed my mind but I threw it away

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that he finally went. Hopefully it will start to get more normal now. Did you end up raising your basking temp?

-Brandon

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, his normal temp right now is around 104-106 depending on the temperature in my room but I like to keep my room pretty warm anyways

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
His poop is still watery and smells like weed which I don’t think is normal at all. It is back to its normal color mostly but it has mucus or something in it. I’m really concerned. He isn’t acting sick in the slightest. He’s eating fine and drinking from his dish, he is alert and acting normal. I really don’t know what’s wrong with him.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I should add that it isn’t as watery as it was before so there is some improvement it’s just all mucusy right now and sorta watery

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
His urate looks a bit hard, large, and slightly discolored. That could have been causing him some slight discomfort.

What does your supplement schedule look like?

-Brandon

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The only supplements he gets is calcium carbonate powder with vitamin D3 in it and his meals get dusted with his every time I feed him

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
And how often is that? Once or twice a day?

You might want to cut back the calcium to 5x a week, and lets see how his urate looks.
And to clarify, 5x a week means 5 feedings a week. So if you feed 2 times a day, you'd dust 1 meal that day, and that would count as 1 towards your 5 for the week.

-Brandon

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I recently started feeding twice a day so maybe I should put calcium on his food for his morning meals and skip a day during the weekdays and and then don’t do Sunday either so it would only be five times a week

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That would work fine! Urates like that are usually from over supplementation, or dehydration. But since you say he drinks his water, i'd imagine its from too much calcium. So lets see if that makes a change for the better in his poos.

The good thing, and the most important thing, is that you state he is acting fine and healthy and normal! So thats great. It's us beardie parents that get worried, not them haha!

-Brandon

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
103403-9741122135.jpg

Update: his poop looks like this now, I don’t know if this is an improvement or not. It’s less watery than last time but it’s also greener now, and there seems to be undigested plants in here which doesn’t make sense as his uvb and heating are correct

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Undigested plants? Are those greens your feeding or does he have plants in his tank or anywhere he has access to them?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom