Yellow fungus on beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboducc

(Sorry for bad english by the way!)

Hello!

I was checking out my bearded dragon Spoofy today and I noticed that he might have more of a yellow color at the front part where his legs meet than I remember, and I am really worried that he might have gotten yellow fungus. I have tried to look on the internet for tips or things that might give me a more direct answer, but I have not found any.

Spoofy already has a yellow color normally, and personally I find it hard to spot any indication of suspected yellow fungus because of that. His beard is somewhat yellow as well as the area I have been talking about and It has been like that since I bought him in 2016. Another thing I have noticed is that sometimes, when he's darker in color, some of his bodyparts (usually a tiny bit of his foot or tail) aren't as dark, but instead pretty light/normal colored. Could that also be a symptom?

And what other symptoms are there, other than yellow spots/parts of your beardie?

Spoofy is the first bearded dragon that I have ever owned and cared for. He is 4 years old and is also going through an antibiotic cure for a (suspected but most likely) airway infection, we have done this cure for almost 2 weeks now.

His apetite is a little bit all over the place currently, and I think it's because of the antibiotics. He usually eats up to 5-8 grasshoppers (sometimes 5-10 super worms). He ate 5 grasshoppers last wednesday (2019-07-03), and today he ate 2 grasshoppers (2019-07-06), And he was very interested in the
food when i got it for him).

He drinks and poops (+ pees) like he should, if not more often than before (usually pooped every 3 days or so, but now almost daily).

His tank has the measures 160cmx50cmx50cm (I have no idea in how to convert this to American measurments, but they are the standard measurments for a tank to a fully grown beardie), and his usual temperature is 35-40°c at the basking spot/26-28°c in the cooler part of the tank. His usual humidity level is around 60% (vet recommended that) but I currently have it around 35-40% due to his airway infection.

I am really terrified and worried that he might have gotten yellow fungus, and if someone could help me either calm down or prepare me for a vet visit please answer! :) <3

(Included 2 pictures as well. The before ones are from 2017, and the ''current'' ones are from today (2019-07-06), also sorry for the bad quality on the before pictures, I'm gonna try and see if I can find any better ones!)

105085-628999733.jpg
105085-3210128909.jpg

Roboducc

Original Poster
claudiusx":22jpqdmi said:
Nothing to worry about, just natural coloration there! :mrgreen:

-Brandon

That's great to hear, finally I can stop worrying! :D

Thank you so much for the help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I totally agree.....that coloring is just a changing pigmentation on him & completely normal. :D
It is definitely not a fungal issue!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom