Stroke? Partial paralysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Great that he has been in good spirits even if he can't move as well as he wants to. Since he
isn't giving up, that is a really good sign. I hope that he is able to get back to normal soon. Do
you have any activated charcoal you could get into him to help flush out his system?
What country are you in?
Those levels look pretty normal then. :D

Please keep us posted on his progress. Bless him.

Tracie

grandraterm

Original Poster
Huff I'm glad then! I live in Poland. I don't have any charcoal on me, I could get some but how would that work? It's used in case of poisoning or diarrhea if i understand correctly, and if anything, he is impacted. It's been a week since he last ate and a bit more since he pooped. I bathed him in warm yesterday and massaged his belly but nothing happened. I will try again today.

Another question: doctor mentioned wanting to give him vitamin B injections, supposed to help in his recovery. Should he get them? Will that make a difference or is it not worth stressing him more? Other family members are reluctant and I can't drive to the vet myself, so I wanted to ask.

Thank you so, so much for all the help this far!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How is he doing aside from not eating ? I wouldn't worry too much because he has good size to him and I would not have the injections done. You can try some non dairy yogurt like soy yogurt and a bit of bee pollen. Beardies usually like the taste and will lap it up. That will give him lots of B vitamins as well as the yogurt being a good probiotic.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poland, huh? That is a long way from the US.
Activated charcoal is used for detoxification, poison ingestion, etc. So, if it has been
bothering him, then that may help. The probiotics as suggested can be helpful, too.
How is he doing today?
I hope that he is feeling a lot better real soon. Bless him.

Tracie

grandraterm

Original Poster
Thank you for the suggestions! Should I force feed him if he doesn't want to eat it? He isn't interested in any food at all.
As for today, he was awake all day, contrary to being asleep most of the time yesterday. He wasn't very active but he was never really the type to run around much. He also lifts his head more often now than in the begging when he was just lying completely flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom