Long lump on right side of stomach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMH97

Original Poster
Hello!

Ok, so I have taken Andre to another vet just to get a second opinion, and she took a blood test just to make sure everything was accurate since the first blood sample was old when it was tested. She called me today and told me that his blood sample came out almost completely different, with a pretty high white blood cell count and calcium levels as well. She said the only two options she sees are either an infectious disease or leukemia. Hopefully, it's the first. She told me to finish the 2 weeks of antibiotics and to come back in to get his blood checked to see if his white count goes down.

Please send good vibes Andre's way! I really just hope he's got an infection that will be fixed by the Baytril :(

I'll be sure to keep you all updated with how things go in the next couple of weeks.

EMH97

Original Poster
Hello!

I feel like I'm mostly talking to myself at this point, but I want to make sure there's a diary of events of things occurring just in case someone else ever has a similar problem. I have been giving Andre doses of Baytril for about a week now, and he's getting better about being fed Critical Care through a syringe. For the first few days, Andre had a black beard on the antibiotics, but it's gone away since then. He's still not eating on his own, but the vet told me that would most likely happen with Baytril. I also have switched my calcium powder to powder without D3, because the vet also said that Andre actually had too much calcium in his system according to the new blood test. Thursday, my vet is going to take his blood again to measure his white blood cell count, and I'm really hoping it goes down! If it doesn't, we'll have to discuss some options about what to do next, since the next thing my vet thinks this could be is leukemia...

I'll probably update on Thursday and let you all know how the blood test goes! Send some good vibes our way <3

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
EMH97":ozpu9ces said:
Hello!

I feel like I'm mostly talking to myself at this point, but I want to make sure there's a diary of events of things occurring just in case someone else ever has a similar problem. I have been giving Andre doses of Baytril for about a week now, and he's getting better about being fed Critical Care through a syringe. For the first few days, Andre had a black beard on the antibiotics, but it's gone away since then. He's still not eating on his own, but the vet told me that would most likely happen with Baytril. I also have switched my calcium powder to powder without D3, because the vet also said that Andre actually had too much calcium in his system according to the new blood test. Thursday, my vet is going to take his blood again to measure his white blood cell count, and I'm really hoping it goes down! If it doesn't, we'll have to discuss some options about what to do next, since the next thing my vet thinks this could be is leukemia...

I'll probably update on Thursday and let you all know how the blood test goes! Send some good vibes our way <3

Sending all the best and most hopeful thoughts!!!

EMH97

Original Poster
Hello!

I realized I never gave an update. After the two weeks of waiting with the news that Andre could have leukemia while I was giving him antibiotics, I finally got his blood drawn! His white count went down, and apparently everything went back to normal. I'm a little frustrated with the vet for putting that idea in my head two weeks before we could know for sure since I tend to let myself worry way too much, but I guess she just didn't want me to be surprised if something was really wrong.

Andre is doing good! He is back to eating normally after the antibiotics, and is currently shedding into a new and bright yellow summer skin :D

Thank you all so much for your help and well wishes! Andre says thank you as well!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear he's doing well. Maybe it was just an infection that was knocked out by the antibiotics. Are the lumps still visible or have those gone away as well?

EMH97

Original Poster
Nope, the bumps are still there. I did talk to 2 separate exotic vets about them, just because another one did his follow-up exam about a week ago just to make sure everything was still looking good. Both vets said they're most likely just fat pads, especially since they're bilateral! He also lost a little weight during the antibiotics, and the lumps did get a little bit smaller in length, which makes me think they're right. Regardless, the most recent vet said "there are lumps I worry about, and then there are lumps that are no big deal," and he said that he's not worried about them in the slightest. So good news all around for Andre!

Thanks for checking back on me!

Mflav

I have a 9month old with same issue. They are down by hind legs but in abdominal area and feel like a bone sticking out?. I can actually move it. Doesn’t seem to bother him. I actually just posted on here about it yesterday no one has responded yet. Maybe they are fat pads but I wouldn’t think that pads would feel like a rib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom