TRAVELING WITH BEARDIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariahnh98

I’m going 4 hours away with my beardie but won’t be able to get into my room until 6pm ( leaving at 11am) . I’m planing on just hanging out at the beach and/or pool until then. Will my bearded dragon be ok with sunlight and a carrier for at least 8 hours? I’m going to be in the sun and shade.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your dragons will absolutely be just fine with just the sunshine & shade during the day. No
problem at all. Do you have a mesh carrier for him just to be sure he is safe & doesn't run
off, or get lost, or a leash?
That is excellent you are taking him with you, too. :D

Tracie

Mariahnh98

Original Poster
Yes I have a Kricket keeper and a leash that I’m using to take him on the road with and have durning the day. He’s going to be with me on the leash more. THANK YOU!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guy goes on road trips with me all the time and it's not a problem. They do fine at normal car temps and sometimes even enjoy car rides. You can stop at rest areas for some sun and to have a snack but it's not really necessary on such a short ride.

Peach

Hatchling Member
Glad I found this thread. We are taking visitors down to Yellowstone in August for 4 days, staying in a cabin. It's only an hour's drive so that's not a biggie. I have a rubbermaid square tub he can stay in while we're out and about. What about light other than a basking light? Since it's only 4 days, and only 2 full days away from home, does he need UVB while we're gone? Or can I give him a dose of sun in the mornings and will that be enough?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For such a short trip you wont need to bring a uv bulb unless you want to. Outside time will suffice for a couple days :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom