Beardie Dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry to read about your beardie. :( Something very serious going on, if he did by chance eat something toxic he might get through since it didn't kill him. His symptoms are serious enough to cause death so I truly hope he pulls through this. It would not be related to the Reptiglo light which BTW is not a bad bulb at all. It's used exclusively by a top U.S. breeder [ Rainbow b.d.'s ] and I've used them as well as the Reptisun 5.0 [ before the 10.0 came out ] since the 90's.

Gervgirl78

Original Poster
I still going to try and get a new bulb and possibly see if the pet store has liquid calcium. I got him to drink a little water this morning and he pooped a little but not really much fluid this time with it. Took home outside but got cloudy when I got him out. I am just waiting for pet store to open. I am a bit worried I maybe have not given him enough calcium. He keeps opening his mouth wide every once in a while, not sure what that means?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is he gaping like adjusting body temp? Is he puffing his beard out like stretching-- can you take a pic and post? What about vet ?
kaylyn

Gervgirl78

Original Poster
I do not think it is temp reason. Beard not puffed out. Not sure I can catch a picture of him doing it but can try

Juniper

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Henry
If he ate something toxic, giving him activated charcoal can help with poison control until he gets to a vet.

Gervgirl78

Original Poster
I am on the way to the vet now but honestly he is worst off and I am prepared to have him put to sleep. If they think there is something they can do then that would be hopeful. His eye are closed and he feels like yellow and non responsive at all. I actually keep thinking he is dead but then he will randomly open his mouth.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Im sorry you are both going through this. Hopefully all ends well but sometimes the hard decision is the best decision.

We are rooting for you both. Good luck at the vet.

-Brandon

Gervgirl78

Original Poster
I am sad to say Leaf did pass away. They said he was already dead when we got there and the mouth opening was reflexes, there was no heart beat. I am taking him to get cremated now. I am so sad, this happen so suddenly. I am sure I will get another one at some point. For now my heart is broken.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I am so sorry to hear about leaf. I am sure it must be hard on you.
But it sounds like he had a wonderful life with you, and that's what matters.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry that you lost your dragon, Leaf. :cry: The gasps were the agonal breaths which
is end term of life unfortunately. It is always so painful to lose such a wonderful, beloved pet.
He knew you loved him & at least you were with him & he was not alone when he needed you.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm sorry that you lost your little guy. Sending my heartfelt condolences as a fellow pet lover. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom