Whats Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie has these skin-y dots that run across the bottom of his thighs and his *Passing Hole* Im a tad concerned. is he fine or Do I need to act fast? Please help.

I also have more concerns in another post, please help on that part as well. thank you.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are they femoral pores your talking about? Post pics please
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No mine is a male and he has them--- post pics of your beardie sitting flat w/ tail in the air and some others on here can sex
Karrie

KieraKern22

Original Poster
Also my bearded dragon named Star-lord Has has been opening his mouth while basking recently and at night he makes almost a wheezing sound. As I type he is running in and out of his water, then Glass surfing, then repeating. When I see him open his mouth and I go over to him he closes it, And he only does it while hes on his hammock, which is under his light. He is completely white but changes to dark gray when stressed. He is currently a cream white, but his beard is jet black. He has never puffed up at anyone and is fed 4-6 super-worms every 1-2 days and is provided fresh veggies daily. He also rubs his nose on his blanket and Im not sure why. Does he have a respiratory disease? :cry:
Last night he wounldnt lay down so I let him sleep with me under a blanket. Was that Okay? Ive done this once before and he seemed fine. :? :shock: :!: :?:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How long has his beard been black and his body white? If that happens for an extended period of time it could mean he is in distress. Can you post some photos of him and his setup? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

*I've merged your other threads to this one for clarity and visibility.

KieraKern22

Original Poster
105027-9210485410.jpg

This is his set up. To the left is his climbing log, his store-bought veggies because I didnt have time to cut him up any yesterday, his fake plant and water. To the right is his hammock, AKA his basking area. His light is from Zoo med, special 2 bulb value pack, 75W. He has a black light in there that just gives off heat but no light, and that is for nighttime. His light is on but I turned it off for the picture

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If you have a coil UVB please replace w/ this
Which UVB light should I use?
The best UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube HO (Or Arcardia 12% in the UK). Compact or coil bulbs do not emit the proper amount of UVB light for a bearded dragon, and should not be used. Other brands, such as the Zilla Desert Series and ReptiGlo have been known to cause eye problems and other health issues with bearded dragons, and should be avoided. The reason that some UVB lights (Zilla, ReptiGlo, coils/compacts, ect.) are considered dangerous is because the wavelength of UVB that they emit is shorter and more intense than the wavelength of the "safe" lights (ReptiSun, Arcadia). UVB lights should be replaced every 6 months. The T5’s are a strong bulb and only need to be replaced once a year – the T 8 every 6 months--- where as the T 8 are not as strong—they need to be placed inside the tank the T 5 10.0 bulb approx 10-11 inches from basking spot – the T 8 approx 8-10 inches from basking spot—the cover needs to be off the bulb for full effect of the UVB rays-- these lights the basking and UVB are crucial for the over all health digestion and behavior--- please get your UVB replaced ASAP-- him rubbing is nose is probably an itch keep an eye on him for shedding-
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom