My beardie has parasites :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizzOrdo

Hello everyone,

My 2.8 yr old beardie, Max, was recently diagnosed with having parasites. He was lethargic, twitching and stopped eating and drinking completely. He was prescribed Metronidazole with .2ml being given once a day for 7 days. Then off 7 days, then back on 7 days. Then back off 7 days, then back on 7 days. Total of 21 doses. Is this too much for him? Or does that dosage sound correct? Also, I need tips and advice of what to feed him cause he won't eat anything at all. I have bought some soy yogurt as suggested in the forums. Is there anything else I can do, care wise? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Seems like an excessive amount of dosing to me, but maybe someone else can chime in.
What parasites were found?

-Brandon

MizzOrdo

Original Poster
claudiusx":26fh0njf said:
Seems like an excessive amount of dosing to me, but maybe someone else can chime in.
What parasites were found?

-Brandon

Hello, the only thing the paperwork states is motile protozoa was found on the slides but no parasites were found in the float. I also feel like the dosage is much too extreme. I really don't want him to end up with toxicity from the high dosage. I've only given 2 doses so far (.2ml each) and have syringe fed him soy yogurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom