Help why is my bearded dragons beard black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Hello my bearded dragon keeps darkening his beard today. He never has done this and it won’t seem to go away. Please help
102166-1433918174.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looks like hes in distress ------ causes can be husbandry issues ---- what kind of lighting do you have in the tank and when was bulb changed out last? have you changed anything in the tank ? has he gotten into something out of the tank ? Any pets bothering him? Is he housed w/ another dragon?
Karrie

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
His tank we just switched his bulbs last month. He has a uvb bulb and basking bulb, his basking spot is 105 and the cool side is like 80. He is are only pet and nothing has switched in his tank. He is shedding could that be it?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Do you have any more pictures? One from the top and maybe one from the side?
Anything changed outside of his tank? Moved any furniture? Other objects that aren't usually there?
Is he active? Anything else noticeable other than his black beard?
Is he eating and pooping normally?
Sorry-So many questions!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
UVB? What brand and bulb?
Post pics of his tank and lighting please
Karrie

Juniper

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Henry
How is he behaving? Dark beard paired with lethargy means very different things than dark beard paired with running around and head-bobbing. If he is lethargic and his beard is black, he doesn't feel well. If he is very active and his beard is black, he may be fine, just feeling aggressive/riled up/wanting to mate with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom