Dewormer- now both beardie’s sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheiska

Original Poster
I’ve made an apt with a better vet an hour away. Both my beardies are going in today. Cobra, to be laid to rest. And arbiter, to be examined and possibly laid to rest as well. They do the gas chamber thing, and then an injection overdose. So is humane, and less stress I hope than a natural and drawn out death. It’s already been a long road.
Thanks for everyone’s help and advice.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry to hear this. Did Arbiter make it ? Too bad the vet used the Ivomex, it's not used very often or by experienced vets but the few times I've seen threads here with beardies that were given that drug it went badly for them. I hope your younger dragon makes it, please update if you can.

Cheiska

Original Poster
They were both laid to rest today. The new vet said some beardies don't do well with certain dewormers and he looked over the other notes and records faxed over from the first vet. They were both in organ failure and it was beat to relieve them of pain. He answered millions of questions, and they made me a claw and tail print heart of eat of my dragons, to keep. They've been buried in our backyard with a headstone.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well you tried to give them the best life you could . Thankfully they are in no discomfort, pain, etc. and I hope your heart can heal from dealing with this sad situation. Maybe you can get another dragon in the future if and when the time is right. My condolences to you on the loss of your little friends. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom