Do bearded dragon remember the placement of water bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do bearded dragon remember the placement of water bowl once discovered?

I have this water ramp from ZooMed that I've bought hoping it would use it to drink or soak in:
NkZHpZp.jpg

My beardie doesn't know things such as water bowl exist.

So what I did is that I placed a meal worm in the water to coax my beardie, it went for it and tongued the water. Hoping that taught him there's water in that location. Did that work or no?

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hiya,

Honestly, I am not sure if they remember or not! I would guess that they do, as they are very intelligent animals.

That said, the majority of captive beardies won't drink from standing water. I'm lucky enough to have one that will drink standing water, but if he doesn't drink from it don't worry too much - they get most of their hydration from the food they eat. This is one if the reasons a balanced diet is so important for them.

There's nothing wrong with leaving the water bowl in there, though, so long as your humidity doesn't get too high! What is "too high"? 60% would qualify as "too high" in my opinion. You want it as close to between 30-40% as you can get it.

Hope that helps,
-Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom