Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

msfizzl31

Hi all, so my son just got a beardie this past weekend. I think he is around 3-4 months old. I am having a problem controlling the humidity in his tank. It is reading 80% all the time. I read that it should be much lower than this. Any advice? His tank temp is at 100 right now. I know it should be between 105-110 so I need to work on that as well. I need new lights because after reading the care sheet I do not have the right ones at all and I need digital thermometers and a IR temp gun. Feeding schedule is stressing me out as well. I could not get any crickets for the first couple of days so he has been living off the worms and I was told at the pet store to feed him 2 times a day every couple days. that was obviously wrong. we have been feeding him 2-3 worms twice daily. getting crickets today and will offer him some at 3-5 times a day. did offer him some greens yesterday, but he was not interested. when we feed him he just stands in dish staring at us waiting for more. so I'm concerned we are starving him. just needing some advice and need to know if I'm headed in the right direction

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Do you have a water dish in the tank? If so remove it- you can get a dehumidifier for the room hes in -- as far as lighting or UVB what are you getting and how big is the tank hes in? Can you post pics of the tank please? He should be eating as many crickets in 10-15 minutes 2 x per day dusted w/ calcium D3 and vitamins 2 x per week
Karrie

msfizzl31

Original Poster
We have a 40 gallon tank. yes the water dish is in the tank. right now I just have the lights that were in the kit we bought with the tank, I have read that those are not recommended to use. so I read that the UVB should be reptisun 10.0 tube or arcadia 12% tube. So I'm going to look for those tonight after work, and I also need to find the calcium with D3 and the vitamins.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is correct for Uvb-- are you reading humidity w/ a hydrometer-- ? Try getting water dish out see what it does!
Karrie

msfizzl31

Original Poster
I will take the water dish out. I just have the stick on thermometer in the tank right now. I am going to get the digital and a gun as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom