Won’t eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxson

Jaxsey won’t eat. She looks and closes her eyes or shake her head fast then move away. She won’t eat her roaches, super worms, fruit, and sometimes veggies. She loves to escape from her enclosure even though we let her out often. I tried to feed her outside her enclosure but she wouldn’t eat. We switched up her enclosure because she started running towards the glass then running all over inside then stares at her reflection. So maybe she wants to mate. She waves sometimes. So when we changed up her enclosure the running around like crazy stopped and she stopped scratching. But she is pretty active when she is out and sometimes when she is inside. She learned how to jump out.... We put a laybox inside sometimes she is in it but doesn’t lay anything. How long does this usually last? I really want her to eat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lighting is the key here --- what size tank did you put her in and can you post pics of her and the lighting ? How old is she? The reflection you can use newspapers wall paper or wrapping paper on the outside of the tank to get rid of that-- how long has she not been eating for?
Karrie

Jaxson

Original Poster
We put her in a 40 gal back in March. I don’t know her age. She is 17 inches. I don’t remember how much the daylight put out but the other one UVB is 1T I believe. This is new behavior, maybe a week and a half. It’s the same lighting and tank as the one I got in March. I tried putting the paper on the outside of the tank but you could still see Reflection on the inside, so I put the paper on the inside. I thought maybe she doesn’t like her furniture rearranged because that’s when it started :/ I don’t have new pics so I can post when I get home. Her daylight and UVB is right next to each other.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well we need to know what kind of UVB you have ? Brand and model? Also what are her basking temps running ? Usually the lighting has a lot to do w/ not eating
Karrie

Jaxson

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2zakpcln said:
Ok well we need to know what kind of UVB you have ? Brand and model? Also what are her basking temps running ? Usually the lighting has a lot to do w/ not eating
Karrie

Idk I threw away the packages away back in March. But the brand for both was Exo Terra I know that much desert UVB. Is it normal to suddenly stop eating after 4 months of changing bulbs? The only thing that changed since March is the set up of her logs and rocks and net. Her temp is at 100 for heat and about 40 for humidity

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need a better Uvb-- a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or T 8--- that is reason for not eating those desert UVB's are no good
Karrie

Jaxson

Original Poster
KarrieRee":bmsqh4xo said:
You need a better Uvb-- a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or T 8--- that is reason for not eating those desert UVB's are no good
Karrie

Ok thanks. I will change it ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom