Making the Best of Leftovers [Human Recipes for BD Foods]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hiya,

I don't know about the rest of you folk, but Mr. Guacamole is my only plant-eating animal ATM. As such, I usually have quite a bit of left overs that go to waste after feeding him! A lot of these I give to my insect colonies, but whether they're eaten or not seems to be pure chance. So, I thought to myself, you know what might be useful? Sharing recipes for ingredients in lizard salad. :)

For reference:
Beardie food list

Essentially if you have a good recipe that has a primary/main ingredient that is otherwise a good beardie snack, toss it up here! I would note which ingredients are beardie safe and the recommended frequency in the recipe too, if you can. I'll start us off:

College Kid Chicken Saute (Beardie food ingredients preceded by *, followed by brackets clarifying how a BD might like them)

Ingredients
Chicken chunks, preferably chicken breast
*Bell Peppers, sliced [BDs can have them occasionally, raw]
*Yellow squash, sliced [BDs can have it as much as they want]
*Zucchini, sliced [BDs can have it occasionally, raw]
Generic steak seasoning, I use McCormick's brand
Salt and pepper to taste
Little bit of Olive or Grapeseed Oil

Season chicken liberally with steak seasoning. Add chicken and bell peppers to oiled, heated skillet. Sautee until peppers are cooked. Add yellow squash and zuchinni. Season with salt and papper to taste. Continue to sautee until chicken is cooked and vegetables reach desired doneness (I like my squash and zuchinni to still have a little bite, so I tend to call it as soon as the chicken is cooked). There should be a fair amount of liquid in the pan from the vegetables. Best served over rice.

This is one of those stupid-simple college kid meals I made a LOT in undergrad. It's nothing special, but it will keep body and soul together and is tasty enough that I made it a few times as a at-home date meal when me and my SO were still early in our relationship. Plus, it's pretty cheap! I can usually make enough to feed 3-4 people for about $12 USD.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That sounds delicious . :) Whenever I have too many greens sitting around I might sautee some in garlic + olive oil [ a TBS. of butter optional ]

Or I add these things to a good soup. All greens , peppers + squash can be used in beef stew or chicken soup.

There's my lazy contribution for you. :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I really like that. I will probably try it this week next time I go to the store. I need to eat more vegies anyways lol.
I'll let you know how it goes :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom