Not Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notta

I'm not sure if this is a health question or a food question or behavior. My bearded dragon (who is around 2-3 months old) just finished shedding. Before his shed he was barley eating which I know is normal as they lose their appetite. However its been about 3 days since hes finished shedding and so far hes only eaten once out of his 4 feedings and didn't eat very much. On top of that his body is dark while his legs, head, and tail are all light colored. Just want to make sure that it's normal for it to take this long to get their appetite back.

Hes in a 40 gallon breeder with a 10.0 reptisun tube that he can get within 8-9 inches of. His basking spot at the highest part of his log is around 115 - 120 but an inch or so down is 109-110. It's a 75 watt bulb which I will downgrade to a 50 watt since I live in florida and my house is around 80 degrees which means that his current bulb heats the tank to almost 90 sometimes on the cool end. He eats crickets and occasional wax worms as his feeder and salad once a day.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you take a pic of the tank and lighting please-- thanks
Karrie

Notta

Original Poster
Sorry for taking so long to reply. Phone is broken now so I cant provide a photo but he shed back to back and I think that may be whats the cause. He eats like crazy on some feedings but then doesnt eat at all for the others. Yesterday he ate around 15 1/2 inch crickets which were bigger than the between hsi eyes but he was fine. He just shed during the night so I'm gonna give it another day or two before I worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom