Not Eating/Age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whizzer

I have a rescue beardie that I adopted about 10 years ago. He lives with another (female) in an outdoor aviary in the Arizona Desert. They have plenty of shade, a huge wading pool and all the sunshine you could ask for. I also shower them with the hose about 2-3 times a week in the summer.
I feed them superworms once a week and they also have a lot of native bugs crawling around that i know they munch on. I think it's mostly roaches, crickets and sow bugs.I also offer fresh veggies and fruit from time to time. They have lived together happily for about two year.
The male hasn't eaten in about a month. He has no other symptoms, loves his showers, basks in the sun, no marks or bites on him.
Is it possible at 10 that he is just coming to the end of his life?

Thank you in advance.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Bless him, I would love to see a picture of him, plus, seeing the outdoor aviary would be great.
Has he brumated before? It may be that he is slowing down like a lot of them do but hopefully
that is all it is.
You could try to get a fecal done on him, to determine whether or not he has worms or parasites.
How do his fat pads look, on his head?

Tracie

Whizzer

Original Poster
Thank you! I will get some pics of the aviary to you tomorrow. He doesn't seem to be brumating as he is still fairly active. He looks ok, but feels pretty light if I pick him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom