Going to be away for a day, help?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Going to be away for a day, help?

Postby Jay0818 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:49 am

So I've had a weekend away planned for months and all my sitters have cancelled on me!

My beardie is roughly 4 months old. My plan is to leave Friday morning and return Sunday morning around the time he wakes up, so he will be fed his morning feeding Friday and normally on Sunday, but I don't know what to do for Friday night or Saturday! Will he be alright being left with extra dubias and a big salad? I have grub pie as well, but that has had a tendency to dry out when cut small enough for him to eat :(
Jay0818
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Going to be away for a day, help?

Postby CooperDragon » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:39 am

I wouldn't worry about a weekend trip. I do that all the time. Just give him a big meal before you go and another when you get back. If you have some black soldier fly larvae, leaving a dish of those might be good, but otherwise missing a day or two of meals shouldn't cause a problem. Do you have your lights on a timer?
CooperDragon

Postby Jay0818 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:38 pm

CooperDragon wrote:I wouldn't worry about a weekend trip. I do that all the time. Just give him a big meal before you go and another when you get back. If you have some black soldier fly larvae, leaving a dish of those might be good, but otherwise missing a day or two of meals shouldn't cause a problem. Do you have your lights on a timer?

The lights are on a timer yeah! I will try to get the larvae, though he isnt that big a fan of them.
Jay0818
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Dont worry. They can easily go a few days without food if need be. Big salads and what cooper suggested with a bowl of worms will help you feel better. Even if the salad dries out, they will still munch on it if hungry enough.

-Brandon
claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion