Going to be away for a day, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay0818

So I've had a weekend away planned for months and all my sitters have cancelled on me!

My beardie is roughly 4 months old. My plan is to leave Friday morning and return Sunday morning around the time he wakes up, so he will be fed his morning feeding Friday and normally on Sunday, but I don't know what to do for Friday night or Saturday! Will he be alright being left with extra dubias and a big salad? I have grub pie as well, but that has had a tendency to dry out when cut small enough for him to eat :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about a weekend trip. I do that all the time. Just give him a big meal before you go and another when you get back. If you have some black soldier fly larvae, leaving a dish of those might be good, but otherwise missing a day or two of meals shouldn't cause a problem. Do you have your lights on a timer?

Jay0818

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2180d62c said:
I wouldn't worry about a weekend trip. I do that all the time. Just give him a big meal before you go and another when you get back. If you have some black soldier fly larvae, leaving a dish of those might be good, but otherwise missing a day or two of meals shouldn't cause a problem. Do you have your lights on a timer?

The lights are on a timer yeah! I will try to get the larvae, though he isnt that big a fan of them.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dont worry. They can easily go a few days without food if need be. Big salads and what cooper suggested with a bowl of worms will help you feel better. Even if the salad dries out, they will still munch on it if hungry enough.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom