You know you're a beardie owner when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Now, You know you're a Beardie owner when you Find nothing wrong with talking about lizard poop online. :lol:

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
you know you are a beardie owner when - you can successfully say you are able to and can wipe the snot/ runny nose from your beardie on a tissue (aka proud parenting moment hahaha) and they squirm like a kid (like leave my boggers alone lol) :) :) :)

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, folks – greetings from up north…

Yes, it might be nice to spend an hour or two shopping for bargains on live bugs, but around here, you can spend that much or more time just finding a local pet store that has them in stock, and by that time, you’re willing to pay whatever if you can possibly swing it. :roll:

Once in a while, when they’re out of crickets and roaches, my husband brings home expensive hornworms. The beardie doesn’t mind that at all. I guess it’s kind of like, “They were out of hamburger so you have to settle for prime rib.” :mrgreen:

Alaska really is no place for a bearded dragon. But we still plan to try to keep this one as happy and healthy as possible for as long as we can get way with it...

And yes, crickets are notorious for drowning in anything you give them that’s the least bit watery. We’ve had good luck with the water gel and dry food, although some people around here seem to think it’s not the best thing. You have to be careful that your beardie himself doesn’t eat the gel or especially not the dry crystals, which could cause impaction.

Roaches can be pretty sneaky too. The other day my husband found one up his sleeve a couple of hours after he’d fed the beardie. I’ve found them in the laundry too. Supposedly they can’t survive in this climate, but I’m hoping that we don’t someday end up with an unauthorized breeding colony somewhere in our house, maybe near the heater? :?

And don’t get me started about poop – our beardie’s last one was at the wrong time and in the wrong place :banghead: , but hey – when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Sounds like Jimmia has a respiratory infection. I hope he gets well soon (and tolerates having his nose wiped in the meantime). :wink:

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
SHBailey":25704jfd said:
Sounds like Jimmia has a respiratory infection. I hope he gets well soon (and tolerates having his nose wiped in the meantime). :wink:

Jimmia doesn’t do it, I was just watching random bearded dragon videos on YouTube and thought to myself when I was watching it :) sorry

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Glad to hear that Jimmia's okay. :)

Yes there are plenty of crazy beardie videos on YouTube. I binge-watched a number of them just before we got our beardie. :mrgreen:

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
you know you’re a beardie owner when - after you pat your beardie and put them in their tank and they look back at you like is that it? and makes you feel sad and you take them out for more pats lol ?

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, we get that famous Look from our beardie pretty often too. Sometimes it means, "Are you sure you don't want to feed me some more crickets?" and other times it means, "I'm not happy with this whole situation and it's all your fault." :|

But he turns his happiest golden color right after he's had an opportunity to stuff himself with bugs. :D

Juniper

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Henry
You know you are a beardie owner when you have the opposite perspective on crickets and roaches from the general public. (Most people think that crickets are basically acceptable insects and that roaches are dirty and disgusting and always infest your home, but anybody who has kept both as feeder insects can tell you it's the other way around. At least, I can tell you I've never known a roach to eat another roach alive, lose half its legs for no reason, bite me, give parasites to my dragon, scream under the fridge for a month, or stink up my house by frying itself in the heating vent. My friends do not like hearing these stories for some reason.)

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
:lol: So true. We definitely prefer roaches for our beardie when we can get them, but we tolerate crickets in the meantime. Never had one get into the heater so far, but they've done the thing under the fridge -- thought the motor was going out until I realized it was just a cricket chirping under there. :roll:

Birdy

Hatchling Member
You know you are a beardie owner when:
You ask “what smells like toilet water?” and realize your dragon pooped.
You go to the pet store and spend at lest 25 dollars each time buying insects and wonder if you should get a job there and see if you get a discount.
You buy back ups of bulbs and then back ups for your back ups.
You get out your little remote control car out and put your beardie on top and drive your beardie around the room and the little car goes slow because your dragon exceeds the little cars weight limit.
You watch your beardie very closely when they are eating making sure they don’t choke, even though you chopped their greens into little pieces.
You worry about every little thing that might be a problem, even though most likely there’s nothing wrong.
That’s what I got so far. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading,
Birdy

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Birdy":jfinu0nc said:
You know you are a beardie owner when:
You ask “what smells like toilet water?” and realize your dragon pooped.
You go to the pet store and spend at lest 25 dollars each time buying insects and wonder if you should get a job there and see if you get a discount.
You buy back ups of bulbs and then back ups for your back ups.
You get out your little remote control car out and put your beardie on top and drive your beardie around the room and the little car goes slow because your dragon exceeds the little cars weight limit.
You watch your beardie very closely when they are eating making sure they don’t choke, even though you chopped their greens into little pieces.
You worry about every little thing that might be a problem, even though most likely there’s nothing wrong.
That’s what I got so far. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading,
Birdy
LOL, Yess!!! Those are me everyday, especially the over worrying part... I always get way too worried about any small little thing that seems slightly off about the dragons. ?‍♀️

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
you know you are a beardie owner when - you spend more time with your beardie than your own family and always looking up ways to design your tank :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
JIMMIA":1x2lcuen said:
you know you are a beardie owner when - you spend more time with your beardie than your own family and always looking up ways to design your tank :)
Lol, indeed.

But you really know you're a Beardie owner when you seem to socialize with reptiles better than you do people..... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom