Let’s talk about AGE! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Hi everyone!

I was just looking back to when I first joined this forum - and also thinking about my girl Blue and her age ....
she is 8.5 years old now, and I was wondering how many of y’all out there are have had their beardies for a long time? Or even a short time! Or anywhere in between :)

And .... for those of you who do happen to have dragons that are getting up there in years - have you noticed any major changes with how you have cared for them? The only thing I find a bit different about Blue, is that this last year I feel like I’ve had to “give her a boost/nudge” on getting out of her bed in her viv in he mornings. Not always, but enough to notice a lil difference .... so how about y’all? Let’s celebrate our babies who aren’t quite babies anymore ???

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Our male just turned 11 & still his crazy self. :D
He has gotten more lazy of course. His eating habits have changed some, from a few years
ago probably due to him being spoiled which is my fault! LOL
We got him when he was only a couple of months old so we are the only parents he has ever
had.
So your girl is 8.5 years old?

Tracie

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie!

Wow! Your boy is 11- !!!!! - and still his wonderful dragon self ?.... I think that’s so amazing - I would LOVE for my girl Blue to be in my life that long - that’s 100% #goals!!!

Yes - Blue was born in Feb 2011 .... so she’s 8.5 years old. I’m the only parent Blue has has as well - so they really are SO much just as part of the family as anything and everyone else aren’t they?!

Because Blue hatched VERY early in the year - she embarked on an early brumarion that same year ... she was only about 7 months old when she went down for the first time - @ September of the same year she was born. And she held nothing back either ? ... she slept for about 4-5 during her first one and has followed that schedule almost identically every year after - current.

I know you have so much experience with dragons - youve actually helped me on several occasions back in the day - especially with my rescue Lexi abou 4/5 years back.
So in your experience- what’s the oldest dragon you have had the pleasure of being a momma too? I’m so glad you responded- I LOVE to hear about dragons with some years u see their little dragon belts!

I hope everyone sees this pose and had fun with it!! - and post stories of you’re dragons ages - if anything has changes - and heck / throw some pics up too! I wonder what the oldest will be as this thread pics up some replies?!? I’m so curious!

- Em

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
My girl was born Jan. 2017 and I got her at about 2-3 months old from a breeder. I can't believe it's already been two years! It feels like so much has happened, and she's just only turned into an adult! I can't wait for all the years to come, and hope that she'll remain with me for a long, long time. I had a bunch of cute baby pics, but unfortunately I lost all of them when my phone was stolen. But, I have plenty of other pictures that hold lots of memories! <3 (Sorry if there's too many photos :lol: )

Do you brings me foods hooman??
95399-5634846114.jpg

I looked away for two seconds and...
95399-2554499042.jpg

She LOVES to look out the window!
95399-5933609125.jpg

'I is da queen here'-Marta 2018
95399-2901456682.jpg

Preparing for the road trip!
95399-3936392986.jpg

Christmas time!!
95399-4585038326.jpg

'Get away, stoopid cat!!'
95399-8403824707.jpg
"
Marta-"Dis is MY spot now! Muahahaha!!"
Ralph (the cat)-"Help me hooman, scary dragon took my spot);"
95399-7088207868.jpg
(For anyone who was worried, she and the cat were VERY closely monitored on the last two pics, and he is mostly scared of her, she decided to go there on her own and I would have removed her immediately had I seen any sign of aggression from Ralph)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom