Switching from albon and pyrantel to toltrazuril and panacur

Status
Not open for further replies.

anmcchesney18

Original Poster
I actually contacted RAL yesterday and have the j atructuins I need to send the the samples to test. Plan in doing that very soon. At least then j know what their futures may hold.

anmcchesney18

Original Poster
So just a quick update, granite, just after 2 doses of toltrazuril and 1 dose of panacur she seems to be 100% better. I'm giving it a week to do another fecal but today while I was at work she ate a full bowl of greens and she has NEVER done that since I got her. Slate is still growing at a steady pace and the reptaid has seemed to help both their appetites tremendously. Granite is even going into another shed which I'd her sehondbone in 3 weeks. I am so happy I took them off the meds the vet kept giving them and found this thread which led me to the meds I have now. They are literally a life saver. I still plan on doing these atendovirus test soon as I have the extra cash and will do another fecal soon. I will give u guys another update soon as I have one.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Excellent! Ernie & his staff at the RAL are terrific, very helpful. I really enjoy working with
them. I'm glad you got all of the information that you needed.
That's great to hear your girl is doing so much better now! At least she is eating her greens
too, she must be feeling good.
I hope they both continue to do well now.
Keep us posted on them both.

Tracie

anmcchesney18

Original Poster
I am. It has been a long hard fight, but theyve both been troopers. It's awesome to watch slate finally chase crickets, and even tho granite eats me pitta house and home it's still a great feeling when she devours an entire bowl if greens and veggies. vets really should educate themselves on bearded dragons before giving them the same meds they use for cats and dogs. If I had continued the treatments from her I'm positive these guys would still be showing signs of sickness and would be very lethargic. But they both just shed again and are growing like weeds!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great they are both doing a lot better now! :D
At least their appetites have come back now. If they are growing & shedding again then I
think they are in the clear now.
Do keep us posted on them. You can give updates & post new pictures anytime.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom