UVB light fixture???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriNoelle

Hi!

So I have the Zilla Slimline desert fixture but I replaced the light in it with the Reptisun 10.0 because I heard all the horror stories about the light my fixture came with BUT then I thought was the problem with the bulb in the Zilla fixture or is the problem with the fixture itself???
Should I be okay with my Reptisun 10.0 in the Zilla fixture???

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It should work fine--- it has a reflector on it correct?
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the Zilla Slimline fixtures are decent T8 fixtures. Just be sure to remove the clear plastic cover from in front of the bulb. Any 18'' T8 bulb should fit it and work well (it does have a reflector built in). It should sit about 6-8'' above the main basking area for best results.

BriNoelle

Original Poster
I apologize for my insanely late response. I was just looking over things on here again and realized that I never responded to these. Yes, it does have a reflector (thats the shiny, foil like stuff thats sits behind the bulb?) and also, remove the plastic cover? As in the plastic part that screws in on the front of the fixture that sits in front of the bulb? Or is there some other kind of plastic cover that I'm missing?

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Cover over the bulb --- take it off and it will work fine - the cover over the bulb will restrict the rays thats why you want it off and yes the shiny part behind the bulb is the reflector -- so if you have taken that cover off your good --- it should be placed inside the tank and approx 8-10 inches from basking decor --- it would need to be replaced in 6 months -- so mark your calendar ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom