Prolapse or poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip2000

Original Poster
Thanks guys, the outcome isn’t great. It’s actually her intestines that are hanging out. It’s way too big to pop back in so it would need to be surgery, however, they said that the chances of her surviving the surgery is slim as she’s quite old too. So putting her to sleep might be the best option as they also think that it will just keep coming back due to age.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, the entire mass is her intestines, really? Are they sure? :cry:
How old is she?
Wow, I am so sorry she is going through this, how awful for her. Let us know how things are going
& what you decide.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Is the vet a proper reptile vet ? or just a general practice cat and dog vet who dabbles in reptiles and birds ?

I've never heard of most the intestines becoming prolapsed . Seems to me the vet doesn't even know the correct name for the organ that has come out , which is disturbing .

I'd get a second opinion unless you've already decided to put her to sleep.
Of cause if this is a financial decision mostly we understand.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us?
I have to agree, that is a very strange prolapse.
There really aren't any counts of prolapses with all of the intestines coming out, that is very
odd.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom