Yellow poop / underdeveloped eggs?

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Yellow poop / underdeveloped eggs?

Postby Tonkel17 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 am

I have a female beardie, about 2 1/2 years old, named Gnar. My son got her last January, thinking she was a male, until she started laying eggs. She laid two clutches last year, one in March and the other in July, both about 20 non-fertile eggs. Just before the second clutch we took her vet and she was treated for two different parasites. She is generally doing well. However, about a month ago my son was concerned when he woke up as it looked as if she had either vomited or pooped strange yellow material . Her diet is variety of greens , mainly mustard , some occasional peppers/ squash , and mostly super worms and the occasional horn worm or crickets . She doesn’t show much interest in the crickets anymore. I have the repti sun 10 , and her basking temps are usually between 95-102, and she is on tile substrate. I took her to vet with the sample. The vet thought perhaps she was a bit dehydrated ,but as I was holding her she “laid “ another bright yellow egg. She thought maybe she was also calcium deficient and Gracie so eggs weren’t fully developed yet. So we have liquid supplement, and a lay box ready. Two days after this she dug for hours but nothing happened, and no digging since . Then last night when I was soaking her she pooped as usual, then expelled more of the yellow, in a solid form , but not in an egg shape at all , looks more like a long strip of bell pepper 😳. I will add photos when I figure out how , but I have only been able to find one post even close to this and that was at least egg shaped .[Click image to enlarge]
Last edited by Tonkel17 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tonkel17
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Yellow poop / underdeveloped eggs?

Postby Tonkel17 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:50 am

[Click image to enlarge]
Tonkel17
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:58 pm

Hello,

I can just about guarantee that she is excreting broken egg yolks especially since she hasn't
eaten anything remotely close to that color other than a little squash, etc. Food just wont do
that though, not to that extent.
I would recommend taking her into the vet for a checkup, with an x-ray or bloodwork. If she has
a few yolks in her that burst & she is excreting them she runs the risk for peritonitis & infection,
too.
How is her appetite doing?
Has she been black bearding any at all?

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Tonkel17 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:00 pm

Her appetite is fine , she did have a partial shed in the last week and was a little irritated . She’s active and pooping normally. She did seem to be straining a bit when she laid the yellow , but it is firm like a hard boiled egg , almost spongy , and I was able to actually help her by pulling it out a bit . I will have the vet check it out again , but she seemed to think it was just calcium issue at this point , and she did feel like she was going to lay more.
Tonkel17
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:30 pm

Hello,

How is your girl doing, has she laid any eggs?
Shedding is somewhat stressful for them. That is very odd, yellowish, spongy urates. It is a
big possibility it was egg material. Keep a close eye on her & be sure she is getting plenty of
calcium also in the case she is developing more eggs or follicles.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER