Yellow poop / underdeveloped eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonkel17

I have a female beardie, about 2 1/2 years old, named Gnar. My son got her last January, thinking she was a male, until she started laying eggs. She laid two clutches last year, one in March and the other in July, both about 20 non-fertile eggs. Just before the second clutch we took her vet and she was treated for two different parasites. She is generally doing well. However, about a month ago my son was concerned when he woke up as it looked as if she had either vomited or pooped strange yellow material . Her diet is variety of greens , mainly mustard , some occasional peppers/ squash , and mostly super worms and the occasional horn worm or crickets . She doesn’t show much interest in the crickets anymore. I have the repti sun 10 , and her basking temps are usually between 95-102, and she is on tile substrate. I took her to vet with the sample. The vet thought perhaps she was a bit dehydrated ,but as I was holding her she “laid “ another bright yellow egg. She thought maybe she was also calcium deficient and Gracie so eggs weren’t fully developed yet. So we have liquid supplement, and a lay box ready. Two days after this she dug for hours but nothing happened, and no digging since . Then last night when I was soaking her she pooped as usual, then expelled more of the yellow, in a solid form , but not in an egg shape at all , looks more like a long strip of bell pepper ?. I will add photos when I figure out how , but I have only been able to find one post even close to this and that was at least egg shaped .
104854-6596427942.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I can just about guarantee that she is excreting broken egg yolks especially since she hasn't
eaten anything remotely close to that color other than a little squash, etc. Food just wont do
that though, not to that extent.
I would recommend taking her into the vet for a checkup, with an x-ray or bloodwork. If she has
a few yolks in her that burst & she is excreting them she runs the risk for peritonitis & infection,
too.
How is her appetite doing?
Has she been black bearding any at all?

Tracie

Tonkel17

Original Poster
Her appetite is fine , she did have a partial shed in the last week and was a little irritated . She’s active and pooping normally. She did seem to be straining a bit when she laid the yellow , but it is firm like a hard boiled egg , almost spongy , and I was able to actually help her by pulling it out a bit . I will have the vet check it out again , but she seemed to think it was just calcium issue at this point , and she did feel like she was going to lay more.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing, has she laid any eggs?
Shedding is somewhat stressful for them. That is very odd, yellowish, spongy urates. It is a
big possibility it was egg material. Keep a close eye on her & be sure she is getting plenty of
calcium also in the case she is developing more eggs or follicles.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom