Belgian Endive vs. Escarole Endive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisAndBacon

Original Poster
MorganaTheSatyr":3m2eopo2 said:
Looks to me like its similar to Bok choi / pak choi - which most dragons love and is good for them!
I'm not sure about Endives but I googled their nutrition values and they seem to be high in vitamin A and they have 5% calcium so I would guess its not bad BUT it has some potassium in it so maybe not as a staple diet.

I found this link that might help you : https://www.thesprucepets.com/feeding-bearded-dragons-leafy-green-vegetables-1238411

Interesting. The link you provided has a lot of conflicting information compared to what I've seen on other sites. For example, the locked thread on this forum says collard greens are staples while the website you provided states that it should never be fed and always avoided. Not sure how much I trust it to be honest lol. But I do appreciate your input thank you!

Edit: Sorry the website actually states collards should be fed rarely and some say avoided all together

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Either should be fine. Generally speaking, I would try to add as much variety to their salad as you can, and just rotate based on what looks freshest where you are at a given time. All sorts of dark greens are healthy for them. I use collards on a regular basis and can say they are healthy for them (and certainly not harmful).

ChrisAndBacon

Original Poster
Absolutely! He gets a variety of veggies every week, from yellow squash to dandelion greens to belgian endive lol. He's been loving it so far so I think I'll continue to mix it into his diet. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom