Eye popped out

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragons eye seems like it’s popped out. He can still see through it and he seems fine otherwise. He closes the one eye frequently.
104879-5278300308.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Look up bearded dragon eye bulging and see if that's it. Sometimes when their heads are about to shed, they will puff their eyeball out to stretch the skin. But it stays like this only for a few seconds before going back to normal. If this is not what's happening then a picture is necessary for us to help you like karrie said.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like the lens is bulging a bit. I've seen this before, but am not certain of the cause. How long has it been this way? Is the bulge increasing in size? If it has been this way for a long time, it may be genetic. If it is a new development or if he is closing it a lot like it is bothering him, it may be due to a tear duct issue, irritation from something caught in it, or possibly an infection in or around the eye.

AlternateDynasty

Original Poster
CooperDragon":kt685h0b said:
It looks like the lens is bulging a bit. I've seen this before, but am not certain of the cause. How long has it been this way? Is the bulge increasing in size? If it has been this way for a long time, it may be genetic. If it is a new development or if he is closing it a lot like it is bothering him, it may be due to a tear duct issue, irritation from something caught in it, or possibly an infection in or around the eye.
It’s been like that for a while it doesn’t seem to bother him other than he’ll close it for a second sometimes

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it doesn't appear to bother him, then it may be OK. Just keep note of it and watch for any changes in it's appearance or his behavior.

Nightowl87

Did you ever find out what it was? My beardie has the exact same thing. She acts normal, just closes it more frequently than the other unaffected eye. I went to the vet and he checked her eye and said that there was no infection and we’d do the wait and see approach. He said if her demeanor changes I should come in but for now he would not recommend a very expensive MRI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom