Nacho ate mystery leaf/seed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxxy76

Our baby beardie Nacho ate a mysterious something when we went out for our walk. I think it was a small leaf or helicopter seed but I'm not sure.

I have activated charcoal capsules at 520 mg.
Nacho is 268 g and 17 inches long 7 months old

tank 40B w/ Reptisun T5 10.0 HO UVB 85 on cool side 105 basking
eats dubias, collard and dandelion greens. fruits on weekends. vita/calcium w/d3 5xweek

Not showing abnormal behavior. I just want to be safe in case in was something that could hurt him.

Foxxy76

Original Poster
Okay so I took a guess-timate and did 1/4 capsule to 5ml water
gave 0.02 ml PO

He did not like it but I did get it in.
Do I need to do a follow up dose?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry this post was missed! How is he doing now? I'm glad you were able to get some activated charcoal for him. Do be sure to offer plenty of water as well. If he's OK now, it was probably either nothing harmful or the charcoal did the trick. Tracie has a charcoal kit available with dosage information and an easy to mix setup that helps a lot during an emergency (the easier the better) https://bug-de-lite.com/Item/Emergency_Charcoal_Kit

Foxxy76

Original Poster
We were both a little freaked out but he is acting better now. He only acted mopey for a little while and didn't want to eat or drink but I think he was upset about the charcoal. He's eating like a pig now. He took a large poo yesterday but I am going to keep watching his bowel movements. He's never tried to eat anything when we go out before so it took me by surprise. Lazy has never tried but i guess I'll have to keep a closer eye on them!
Thank you for checking in!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That happens sometimes. My guy has gone after odd things before too so I always have the charcoal kit handy when outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom