How often do I feed my dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Hello! I have a 8 month dragon Arthur, I feed him crickets everyday and a salad.i have heard some people say they feed there dragons insects every other day. When would it be a good time for me to switch to that? And when should I switch to a different insect other then crickets.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can switch to dubias any time - in fact I recommend it- crickets tend to give parasites / worms and dubias are healthier for him anyway- he should be eating as many as he can eat in 10-15 minutes-about a year or so he will start eating salads more or so they say and you would be feeding him his insects 2 times per week still dusting them w/ the calcium D3 and the vitamins alternating between the 2 -the dubias are easy to keep and are more filling-- 1 dubia = 6 crickets--- they dont stink they dont chirp and you can keep them in a tote or 10 gallon aquarium and feed them carrots apples squash strawberries etc........... they dont like greens much- here is a website for nutrition for your dragon
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html----
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can get them on line ---- amazon.com search dubia roaches--- http://www.dubiaroaches.com there are many places you can get them ---- the suppliers off of amazon offer free shipping as well as other places - you just need to shop around ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom