Prolapse or poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip2000

Hi everyone,

My female beardie had been fine all day. When I checked on her tonight she has what looks like a trail of poop attached to her, some of it is kinda red and I’m worried it may be a prolapse. It’s massive and came on so quickly. She doesn’t seem bothered by it though. She’s still eating and running around. She did look a little dehydrated so I’ve made sure she’s had some water and gave her a little bath hoping this helps.

Thanks in advance

Kip2000

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

My female beardie had been fine all day. When I checked on her tonight she has what looks like a trail of poop attached to her, some of it is kinda red and I’m worried it may be a prolapse. It’s massive and came on so quickly. She doesn’t seem bothered by it though. She’s still eating and running around. She did look a little dehydrated, her pads and eyes look sunken, so I’ve made sure she’s had some water and gave her a little bath hoping this helps.

Thanks in advance

Kip2000

Original Poster
104870-2834084868.jpg

Yeah sorry, didn’t realise I posted twice. This is her. I’m very worried, nothing like this has ever happened before, she’s always been very healthy.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I've never seen anything like it. Can you lift her tail + get another pic ? I don't see any red, just looks like a massive poo. Looks like you might want to soak it in warm water + see it it works itself off. Might be some tissue but can't tell. If it's stuck poo it might be connected with a human hair or something.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ouch, that probably doesn't feel real good. Have you tried bathing her to see if anything
works loose? It is a prolapse but feces is stuck & dried also. The prolapse is somewhat
big but definitely concerning.
Did she strain when going to the bathroom?

Tracie

Kip2000

Original Poster
Yeah, you would’ve thought she’d be a little more uncomfortable than she is.
I have given her a little bath as she really isn’t keen on them :( I’ll try and give her another one, she’s fine as long as they’re only short ones, and see if I can get any of that poo off.
As mentioned she did seem a bit dehydrated, which is unlike her but I’ve made sure I’ve watched her drink and the bath should help more with that. So she could have possibly been straining because she hadn’t drank enough?

Kip2000

Original Poster
There’s no vets in my area open right now so I can’t call anyone until tomorrow. I’m in the UK so is midnight right now. Do you think she’ll be okay until tomorrow?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
As well as soaking in concentrated sugar solution in the hope it retracts of it's own accord , this is a genuine vet emergency , I STRONGLY ADVISE getting her the nearest REPTILE VET , today .

I'd call ahead and tell them you are on the way and don't let them fog you off into making an appointment for another day.

I think since the prolapse has been in contact with raw feces you girl is going to need antibiotics to try to stop the affected tissues from becoming infected. If they do it's VERY BAD.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Kip2000":3edqbg2x said:
There’s no vets in my area open right now so I can’t call anyone until tomorrow. I’m in the UK so is midnight right now. Do you think she’ll be okay until tomorrow?

There will be a vet ER that handles after hours emergencies like this.

She might be OK til tomorrow. Sooner she's attended to by a vet the better her prognosis .

Kip2000

Original Poster
That was my worry too. Thanks for your help everyone, I’m gonna get her to a vet today and hope that it all works out okay :/ You’ve all been so helpful :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor girl, that happened as she was passing the fecal matter. Def. soak her to try to loosen the poo from the rectum as much as you can. Best wishes for a good outcome. !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom