Possible yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophadoph

Hi all, I'm new to this page so if I've posted this in the wrong place/made a mistake just let me know.

I have an approx. 2-2.5 yr old male beardie and during a recent health check, I noticed that his tail has patches - almost like strips - of yellow on his tail. He is otherwise healthy, but I'm unsure if this is a sign of yellow fungus, just his natural colouring, or something like damaged scales. Obviously the former is very serious and I have details of a reputable herp vet on standby, but can help feel that I might be overreacting. I've attached images (hopefully they work), so hopefully someone here will be able to advise me.

General health/setup info:

Diet: dubia roaches and black soldier fly larvae as a staple. Locusts and crickets thrown in for variety. All live food gut-loaded on a mix of Arcadia insect fuel and assorted veg offcuts and hydrated with bug gel.

Staple greens are spring greens, typically paired with either carrots, butternut squash, sweet potato or snap peas. I also give a small amount of Arcadia dragon fuel every 1-2 days. Watercress, strawberries and/or mango (all small amounts) are given a few times week.

Supplements: I follow the Arcadia EarthPro supplementation program, so give regular Ca and multivitamins through that.

Temps: basking temp sits around 40 degrees celsius (+/-1 degree or so), cool area sits at 27 degrees C.

Humidity: sits at 35-40%

Substrate: slate tile (nontoxic of course) which is disinfected regularly. Viv is 4x1.5x1.5 but he will be moving into a 5x2x2 very soon.

UV: Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB with reflector

Health: he is eating fine and is alert and active. Last 2 poops have, however, been diarrhoea-ish. The first one definitely was, but the second was firmer. Keeping an eye on this. He is generally a skittish character (bless him, he's afraid of his bugs and is jumpy in spite of regular holding and bonding sessions). I got him from a family about 6 months ago who were not keeping him correctly/handling him at all so this may be why. He's my first beardie so I am a little worried.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
full
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom