stuck shed on tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory123

hi I have been trying for 2 months to get this off of its tail is it bad enough to where I need to take him to the vet? I'm just asking because it's a 3 hour drive away. is there anything else I can try? please help
full

uploads

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I'd have a vet deal with the tight ring of adherent shed.

They have the right tools to do the job and can likely get it off in under a minute with no injury to the dragon's tail.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, what have you tried ? You might use some honey [ just be sure there are no loose insects in the tank that would go after the honey ] or plain aloe. Then a short warm soak + a stiff toothbrush. I can understand not wanting to drive 6 hours round trip.

cory123

Original Poster
AHBD":1lvj3e62 said:
Hi there, what have you tried ? You might use some honey [ just be sure there are no loose insects in the tank that would go after the honey ] or plain aloe. Then a short warm soak + a stiff toothbrush. I can understand not wanting to drive 6 hours round trip.

I have used a soft toothbrushe 4 times a week with aloe iv used the reptisun sheding aid

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
cory123":jtz20fs3 said:
AHBD":jtz20fs3 said:

I have used a soft toothbrushe 4 times a week with aloe iv used the reptisun sheding aid

Definitely needs a vet to help get it off. I think any vet can handle this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom