Two new additions to the crew!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Welp, I've done it yet again... I got another animal (and another fish). :blob8: :D

New Gecko! My very first leopard gecko!!

Soooooo, I was Strolling into Pet Supplies Plus this morning to buy more bugs for The herps, And right next to the crickets, was the reptile section, and of course I have to check up on all of the reptiles to make sure that everything looks good (thankfully everyone was happy and healthy looking because this pet store rocks).

And I come by the leopard geckos. I notice that both Of them have missing or regrown tails. And that it was on sale, for super super cheap... and I have been looking for a leopard gecko for a really long time, and I already had a tank set up and everything we needed. And I already did a lot of research on them. And this was the cheapest I've ever seen a gecko before, So I decided I was finally going to introduce a leopard gecko into my crew.

So I go up to the employee who was handing us our crickets, and asked to see the leopard geckos. So I pick the one that looked like he needed the most TLC.

So we got into the vehicle with my newly acquired Gecko, and set on home as I'm just bursting with joy and excitement (as I always am when I get another animal).

I get home and take him out and really examine him, and surprisingly enough, He seems super healthy! He's super alert, super tame, Already seems to tolerate handling, And He actually ate as soon as we got home and got him into his new tank. Aside from the regrown tail I think he looks really healthy. :D

He's about 4", 8 grams, Male, And doesn't have a name as of yet. (I've got some ideas but I keep changing my mind). I'm also not sure how old he is, I'm guessing around 2-3 months perhaps?
But He is just the absolute Cutest thing ever!!!! :love10: :love5: :love10: I just love him to bits :D :D

This is him and his current tank:
View media item 60563 on the way home!

View media item 60468 This shows how big he is on my hand.

View media item 60398 he already is very alert and tolerant to handling, which is amazing!!

View media item 60732 His current setup, I'll most likely change it up and improve it more soon.

View media item 61105 this seems to be his favorite spot so far.

New fish! Meet Magus!

About two days ago I decided to get another Betta fish, And named him Magus (From Chrono Trigger). And he is such a pretty fish!! He's like blue and purple, he's just gorgeous. :love5: View media item 60962 he's still in his quarantine tank until I make sure he's 100% healthy and clean out the spare 5 gal tank.
View media item 60799I think I can safely call myself a crazy reptile and fish lady at this point... lol.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear your new friends are settling in well and that they've both found their way to a good home with you =)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Aww thanks :) but Yeah I'm suprised on how quickly they settled in. :eek:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ok. I finally have a name for the gecko. I couldn't decide between Sebastian, Nanaki, Or Flinky....

So, He's going to be called Sebastian Nanaki Flinkytail. :lol: or just Sebastian for short... I went with Sebastian. :lol:

View media item 60892 he's sooo cute :love5:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They look great , Magus is a fishy masterpiece and Sebastian is a cutie ! Just curious, do you know about the warm + cool hide boxes as well as a moist hide for your gecko ?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
AHBD":3bh204n5 said:
They look great , Magus is a fishy masterpiece and Sebastian is a cutie ! Just curious, do you know about the warm + cool hide boxes as well as a moist hide for your gecko ?
Thanks! Yeah Magus is just beautiful, Sebastian's super adorable. :)

Yes I do know about the warm and cool and moist hide boxes for them, the white hide is his warm one where he normally sleeps (although he seems to also really enjoy sleeping underneath his log), And the red hide is both his cool and moist hide, I read that sometimes it's ok to do that for a bit until you can get better separate hides.

So I figured that It'd be ok in the meantime, to make it most I put in some damp or slightly wet paper towels that I spray and change daily to have as his current cool/moist hide.

Also, Sebastian is always very eager to eat every night (been feeding him 4-6 small dubias at 12 each night) and he eats them all very eagerly... but I haven't seen much poop anywhere in the tank much. So far he's only pooped 3 times and that really worries me. Is there anything I could do to help him poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom