Is this tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eastside187

He has had this since I got his as a baby, He has never show any unusual signs, He is very active, Friendly, Eats, Sleeps as should.

IMG_1911.md.jpg

Looks like one, though I am not sure. Is it possible to take a picture of the tail tip under light so we can see better? Is the tip dry-ish and feels rotten? If it is might have to take it to a vet to make sure it's not spreading.

Causes of tail rot are:
1. Injuries/trauma - caused by falls, or by any other bearded dragon.

2. Malnourished - make sure he has a balanced diet and he gets the nourishment he needs

How to identify tail rot:
1. Dried out - Decaying tail won't be able to retain moisture, check if it's dried out completely.

2. Very thin, brittle - Decaying tail won't be able to process nourishment, causing it to become more thin and brittle.

What to do after finding out it has a tail rot:
1. Go to a vet - very recommended

For more info, please see the link: https://reptile.guide/bearded-dragon-tail-rot/

In order to be helped even better, with more experienced owners, fill up the following:

Kind of enclosure:
Lights used:
Substrate:
Temperature:
Equipment used to take temperature:
Age of bearded dragon:
Size:
Diet of bearded dragon:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How long has the end of the tail looked that way? I'd keep a close eye on it and if the shriveled area appears to be moving up the tail, it should be addressed by a vet. If it stays the same then it may be fine on it's own. Likely caused by a nip from a tankmate at a young age which is unfortunately, common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom