I suspect either a BOYNES GECKO or a native GEHYRA GECKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Cutest little lizard ever.

Just gave Godzilla an upgraded hide = a spare RepCal Juvenile Bearded Dragon Pellets lid with some of it's rim melted away using an electric soldering iron ( quite a wide entry for Godzilla ATM but Godzilla will grow and need a bigger entry hole . Godzilla loves it, went straight in and explored for a bit then came out and sat on top.
Pays to stash things like empty pellet bottles and the like - never know when you'll find a new for them or when they can be repurposed.

So I gave Godzilla a mist with some water and discovered Godzilla was thirsty, fascinating watching this little gecko doing a "cat-like lick all over itself" to get every bit of moisture on it's skin. Uber cute watching that little tongue in action .

So I guess a mist each night is in order.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Godzilla pretending to be a bit of stick.
P6130206.jpg

Godzilla ontop his first hide - yes it's a permanent marker lid.
P6130208.jpg

yes it's the same gecko, has changed the body colour to match the sticks ( I think ).

Godzilla watching me.
P6160210.jpg

This little gecko is full of personality.

On top his new house
P6160219.jpg

P6160226.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
My consignment of 2 table spoons of weenie BSFL arrived yesterday, left 8 in Godzilla's tub last night before retiring, they are still there.

Maybe Godzilla has filled up too much on weeny woodies and weenie mealworms and just wasn't hungry enough to eat of them.
More weenie woodies in with Godzilla this evening.

Checking my Woodie tubs I've still got about 40 large woodies and looks like a few hundred weenie woodies - was not fun separating the weenie Woodies from the large woodies - bloody fast buggers those big woodies (lost about 6 in the process).
So now I have a tub full of large woodies (for the big BTs and the dragons) , and a tub full of weenie woodies (some of the weenie woodies are big enough to go to Fluffy).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
4mm (10 day old) weenie crickets seem to be a hit with Godzilla .

My consignment of 1/3 and weenie crickets arrived today and Godzilla's been chasing the dozen or so I put in the tub all evening. Most active I've seen Godzilla.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2d8yq4ti said:
He looks nice and healthy (based on my completely uneducated opinion). When you have been posting about "weenie" roaches I keep picturing small hot dogs running around with roach legs :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_wiener

I'm holding off deciding if Godzilla is a he or a she, I've tried looking closely at Godzilla's never regions with a magnifying glass when Godzilla was on the bottom of the Gecko Tub but can't be sure if I can see h.penes there , I know what to look for as my Brown's A Guide to Australian Geckos & Pygopods in Captivity shows what males and females look like. Unfortunately Godzilla's too small to get a good look.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is it a similar process with geckos as it is with dragons? I wouldn't know what to look for to determine gecko gender. I would imagine it is quite difficult to determine with such a small animal.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
CooperDragon":38wh865a said:
Is it a similar process with geckos as it is with dragons? I wouldn't know what to look for to determine gecko gender. I would imagine it is quite difficult to determine with such a small animal.

Page 155 of Brown shows this procedure , yes , similar to bearded dragons , can also use a intense torch to shine though and show up the hemipenes.

I'm not game to try to avert Godzilla's tail , likely object and perhaps even drop the tail in response , so I'll have to wait for Godzilla to grow a bit and then take another look.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Moved Godzilla from it's old tub to a clean bigger tub and managed to get some macros of the little gecko who I am assigning "him".

Some more of Godzilla from just now.

gecko-gender.png

Do I see hemipenes ? That will make Gozilla a little boy gecko.

This is how big Godzilla is :
P6250293.jpg

P6250294.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Godzilla was very active last night , because he was in shed
P6260308.jpg

P6260313.jpg

Little monster leapt right out of his tub last night when I gave him a misting …. didn't go far and let me pick him up and put him back into tub. This is despite the fact he wont let me pet him yet.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Latest batch of silkworm eggs started hatching overnight :) , so I'll give them a few days to eat up and grow , I'm sure Godzilla will enjoy some weenie silkworms.
He loves his weenie crickets and weenie woodies.

Cheaky little bugger was standing up against the side of his tub and watching me eat my diner , cutest thing I've seen a long time .
He's getting more curious about what I'm doing all the time, since he lives in a tub on my coffee table not far from my laptop and I spend a lot of time near there.

Update :

I had the lid off Godzilla's tub to mist him and then drop a few weenie woodies in for him to eat and quick as flash he was up the wall , leapt out and onto me then onto the carpet , by the time swapped the old rechargeable batteries for fully charged one he was 2m away heading towards the hall and looking about, I glanced away for moment to get a little tub to put over him and he had vanished ( very hard to see him as he's virtually the same colour as the mat , don't know where he went .

He'd been living in the kitchen , so I'm hoping he's gone back there .
He's so tiny he only needs a few mm gap to slip under stuff or behind stuff. Pointless trying to find him at this point , too much change of squashing him if I move stuff about to try to find him.

So I have weeny woodies, weenie crickets , weenie mealworms weenie bsfl , and weenie silkworms and no one to feed them too unless he shows up and I can recover him.
Not holding my breath unless he's come out where we can see him and place a tub over him.

I have no doubt he'll be fine without me caring him and will eventually show up again and will likely remain inside the house.

:( bummer , I was hoping to hang onto him a bit longer.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Pretty sure Godzilla has returned to the kitchen somewhere I just heard gecko churps coming from that general area of the house at 7pm (is about 1.5 hrs afer dark here now).
Same churps I've often heard at night coming from what I thought was outside , but I'm now sure were Godzilla or one of his siblings or his parents being vocal and calling to each other.

Never made a sound while he was being kept , I'm guessing he's found or was calling his siblings or met one of them and was "talking" to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom