Not sure what to make of it.

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Not sure what to make of it.

Postby Raykrantz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:23 pm

so I've had my dragon for a few days now, doing everything by the book, lighting, heat, food, etc. hes been eating crickets and a few mealworms here and there, and the juvenile pellets that came with the tank, although he doesn't seem interested. but today I fed him a dozen crickets, the only thing I did different was that I dusted them with calcium, now for the last 6 hours or so, hes been cooped up in his cave and hasn't come out, he hasn't pooped for 2 days now, I dont know if hes impacted, although I dont see how, I use a sand mat. his belly looks bigger than normal and I'm pretty sure his color is a tad bit lighter in shade. should I be worried? if so, I'd like some advice as far as what to do for him please? Thank you.
Raykrantz
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Not sure what to make of it.

Postby claudiusx » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:34 pm

I wouldn't worry as long as your husbandry is proper. Sounds like relocation stress to me :)

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby Raykrantz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:57 pm

can this be a reason as to why he isn't pooping, I've had him since Sunday and hes only pooped once from what I can see.
Raykrantz
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Yup! Also as they eat less, less will come out.

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby Raykrantz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:12 am

Maybe that's it then, he just needs time to get acclimated. I thank you very much for the info.
Raykrantz
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER