Cleaning tank Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
[ximg]97951 4701830484[/ximg]
How would you clean this tank? Please help!
Reading through it earlier posts I found the heat gon and ordered it along with the uvb and light fixture that u recommended before i am only using this tank temporarily while i save enough for the 75 gallon one i know that they need big cause they get big and that was my worry about the shelves and rope looking dirty so basically even with the cleaner you would recommend removing the shelves and tile completely I was only gonna keep the one shelf that is closet to the bottom cause it looked the cleanest and I had planned on reptile carpeting it the rope I didnt think he would have a use for and the other shelves are decomposing and very dirty one last thing there I'd a significant amount of some kind of adhesive to hold the shelves in place how would I safely remove that off the walls of the tank
Karrie

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I would get rid of all the stuff in the tank, clean it good. You could get a roll of non adhesive shelf liner which is cheap, easy to clean & bugs won’t be able to hide under it.
You can always find some sort of branch from outside and bake it at a low temperature. Then get some thicker rope to wrap it. There are a lot of good ideas, look online at other people’s setups.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The adhesive may be tough to get out. I'd first try vinegar but if that doesn't work, maybe something like simple green or rubbing alcohol would get it clean. Once the tough bits are off, I'd spray it down with vinegar and let it sit for a while before wiping it dry. Then I'd sanitize it with some F10 or hit it with a steam cleaner really well.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
CooperDragon":5tib43sm said:
The adhesive may be tough to get out. I'd first try vinegar but if that doesn't work, maybe something like simple green or rubbing alcohol would get it clean. Once the tough bits are off, I'd spray it down with vinegar and let it sit for a while before wiping it dry. Then I'd sanitize it with some F10 or hit it with a steam cleaner really well.

Depending on the adhesive, it also might be possible to use a combination of a hair dryer and a razor to remove it. They have those handles in hardware stores that you can attach a regular razor to for removing stickers from windshields, and heat applied to either side of the glass can help soften up the glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom