Not basking, Looking out glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notta

Original Poster
Its a 40 gallon breeder, also the lid slides off, as in you cant lift it off because it slides onto a rail thing so I don't know if that would work either, and by move the vine do you mean take it out or put it in the cool end?

Notta

Original Poster
By move the plant do you mean take it out or move it to the cool end, also I rearanged the tank, how does this look? https://ibb.co/s5hKNpP the rock hide was 125 f and the top of the carboard tower was around 110-113 so I moved it out of the direct path of the beam. Also this lid only slides off, as in I cant lift it and having it under the lid would not allow me to open it so idk if that would work. (I didn't know it moved to a second page so I thought it didn't post so ignore the duplicate )

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So from the top of the basking spot under the UVB how many inches is it? If he can sit under the UVB at approx 10-11 inches it should be ok as the T 5 bulb is a stronger bulb---- if he starts to not eat and get lethargic its gonna be because of the rays not getting thru that screen --- you could of just moved the plant to the cool end of the tank --- I would look at getting more decor for him to sit on - I think you said you had another basking rock coming ?
Karrie

Notta

Original Poster
Yeah a basking log will be here as soon as its in stock, also I could put the basking dome on the clamp that came with it so it points at the high spot and have the uvb directly over it, that would get him within 8 inches, would that work better?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes--- just keep an eye on his behavior-- I don't want to over UVB him being it's a T 5-- see how he does w/ that set up --- keep an eye on the basking temp to -- babies like temps around 105-110--
Karrie

Notta

Original Poster
If my beardie is provided with a spot close enough to the uvb light is it smart enough to crawl onto it and get some if it needs it? Not calling them dumb I just don't really know yet how intelligent they are.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep, they are very good at self regulating and will sense and seek out the amount of heat and UVB they need at a given time (this varies across the day). It's instinctual for them.

Notta

Original Poster
Sweet, that makes me feel better, especially since he can get within 9 inches of it. Also is there a good way to cool down a tank without changing the bulbs?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Increasing airflow can help cool it. Otherwise raising/lowering the basking light or dimming it slightly( if it's a dimmable bulb) can help with temps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom