Stopped eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby beardie has stopped eating. I’m not sure of the reason. He eats dubia roaches and hasn’t eaten anything toxic that I know of. He also eats a mix of greens. I live in Nevada so I don’t think he could be in brumation. I’m very worried. It’s really hot here. He’s alert whenever someone enters the room and isn’t being lethargic. He isn’t showing signs of shedding though.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the lighting in your tank --- brand and bulb please---- and where is it located? Is he basking ?
Karrie

Softsanityy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2dwws7l5 said:
What is the lighting in your tank --- brand and bulb please---- and where is it located? Is he basking ?
Karrie
He has a zoo med uvb and uva bulb. He is located on my dresser next to a mirror that’s covered in paper so he can’t see his reflection and get scared. He basks all the time. He gets stress marks in his tank but im not sure if it’s because of temp or not because I don’t have a thermometer. I bought a bearded dragon kit so I figured the temp would be correct. The stress marks disappear when I hold him/take him outside. He’s 7-8 inches long.

Softsanityy

Original Poster
Softsanityy":2isjh6y3 said:
KarrieRee":2isjh6y3 said:
Karrie
He has a zoo med uvb and uva bulb. He is located on my dresser next to a mirror that’s covered in paper so he can’t see his reflection and get scared. He basks all the time. He gets stress marks in his tank but im not sure if it’s because of temp or not because I don’t have a thermometer. I bought a bearded dragon kit so I figured the temp would be correct. The stress marks disappear when I hold him/take him outside. He’s 7-8 inches long. I plan on buying a digital thermometer really soon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is the UVB a coil or tube? If it's a coil that would be one of the reasons-- you need to get a infrared heat gun from Walmart home Depot Lowe's for around $10-- basking temps should be around 105-110 for a baby-- the UVB that is recommended on this forum is a Reptison 10 T 5 or a T 8-- the 5 is a stronger bulb needs to go inside tank approx 10-11 inches for a T 5 8-10 inches for a T 8-- the cover needs to be off the bulb for full effects of rays-- that would be another reason for not eating-- he can't digest the nutrients -- coils are no good
Karrie

Softsanityy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3twzbjcl said:
Is the UVB a coil or tube? If it's a coil that would be one of the reasons-- you need to get a infrared heat gun from Walmart home Depot Lowe's for around $10-- basking temps should be around 105-110 for a baby-- the UVB that is recommended on this forum is a Reptison 10 T 5 or a T 8-- the 5 is a stronger bulb needs to go inside tank approx 10-11 inches for a T 5 8-10 inches for a T 8-- the cover needs to be off the bulb for full effects of rays-- that would be another reason for not eating-- he can't digest the nutrients -- coils are no good
Karrie
Thanks so much! It’s a coil. I’ll buy a new one tomorrow it’s my top priority. Also when you say inches do you mean tall for the tank? Also I’m not sure if I can elevate the lights. Any tips?? Or can it stay on the screen cover?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Meaning it needs to be X amount of inches from basking area --- here is some things you can hang it with
command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – plastic zip ties-- here is a picture of how someone hung theres
97951-2515040147.jpg
The only way it can stay on top screen is if you get the T 5 and the screen mesh is a wide hole -- you can take the screen off part of it and do it that way -- if you get the T 8 it needs to go approx 6-8 inches from basking area - T 5 10-11 inches from basking area
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom