Worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Dobby flatly refuses veg and fruit. I’ve tried various including greens , butternut squash , different types of fruits even dandelion leaves and flowers. I have to drop water on her nose then when she licks it off I quickly stuff veg or fruits in , but not only that, she will only eat 1-4 locusts in a day or even every other day. She has plenty of fluid , she’s sprayed daily and has drops dropped on her nose and I spray the fake plants so she can lick it off. She also has a bath every other day. Her temps are within range of basking 102 -105. And cool end 80-85. She never basks under the heat, prefers the cooler end. The uv is the t5 type and is 14% desert tube. She’s not losing weight and is a chunky girl.shes just turned 1yr old Her weight is 490grams and her length is 19” nose to tip Am I just a worrier ? I had a Male dragon 10 years ago we had him 9 years, and he ate whatever we put in , veg, fruit, all kinds of insects for dragons no problem. If it moved he ate it. Are females more picky and less hungry ? I’ve put pic below.
100805-6951974910.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She's approaching full size but is still fairly young. I'd cut back on live bugs but continue to offer the veges. Her appetite will fluctuate over time - that's normal. Over the next 6 months or so you'll want to gradually reduce her bugs (eventually) down to once a week or so while offering salads every day. Hopefully she will start to dig in to the veges but it may be a gradual transition.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I am feeding her too much ? is 1-4 locusts every other day ok as she’s not eating much else ? They are the XL locusts so have wings but not bigger than the space between her eyes. How many bugs should she eat when we feed her once a week ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is her basking bulb a colored one or a regular white bulb?
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If that's the amount she wants to eat, that's fine. When I offer a bug meal to my adult he eats as many roaches as he wants. The amount varies but I let him fill up on bugs. The rest of the time he gets as much veges as he wants.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":24q4klpc said:
Is her basking bulb a colored one or a regular white bulb?
Karrie
It’s a regular white bulb a halogen 75watt. I did wonder whether to take the reflector dome away so it looks brighter in the vivarium. Where her Viv is in the corner of the living room , unless the sun is shining , not very often here in Liverpool, then it’s quite dark

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I wish she would eat anything else other than locusts and wax worms. I will reduce her locusts increase the veg and fruit and try to stop worrying. Thank You for your help CooperDragon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom