bad blood test result

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
More :Emergency sick lizard food and feeding techniques
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=249501

If the local vet is still open buy a 1 ml syringe and a nozzle ,
The local pet shop MIGHT have VetaFarm products , if they do buy a bottle of VetaFarm HerpaBoost or VetaFarm Crittacare Reptile OR EQUIVALENT ( Oxbow Carnivore Critical Care is very good ).
Info :
https://vetafarm.com.au/product-category/reptile-products/
https://vetafarm.com.au/product/herpaboost/
https://www.vetsupply.com.au/supplements/reptiles/vetafarm-reptile-crittacare/p2060.aspx
https://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/our-products/professional-line/carnivore-care

See this for required kit and tips for giving liquid food substitutes and oral meds to reptiles :
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=232687

These are very potent vitamin and protein fortified liquid food substitutes that are very good , I've used the VETAFARM products with rescued lizards who looked like were very close to being beyond saving who recovered and made almost miraculous comebacks. My latest Fluffy the water skink has become a house pet and has thrived and become ubertame and friendly.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

How is your boy doing today?
The Arcadia T5 tube will be just fine! I see now how your tube is mounted. The fixture doesn't
allow the UVB to be directed downward very well so be sure you got one that surrounds the entire
bulb so that it directs it more effectively.
You can use the T8 bulbs that you have now, not a problem at all.
I hope he is feeling good. You are doing a great job getting his setup adjusted for him. Please
keep us posted on him.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Drache613":1uoow6bz said:
Hello!

The Arcadia T5 tube will be just fine! I see now how your tube is mounted. The fixture doesn't
allow the UVB to be directed downward very well so be sure you got one that surrounds the entire
I hope he is feeling good. You are doing a great job getting his setup adjusted for him. Please
keep us posted on him.

Tracie

If you decide to leave the T8 bulb in place for now, make sure it has a good reflector (there are slip on reflectors available from Arcadia Reptile) behind it that directs the UV rays were they need to be (towards the basking spot) , dragon needs to get inside 20cm of the T8 10%UVB tube if there is reflector behind it..

exoticliz

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1nywka78 said:
If you decide to leave the T8 bulb in place for now, make sure it has a good reflector (there are slip on reflectors available from Arcadia Reptile) behind it that directs the UV rays were they need to be (towards the basking spot) , dragon needs to get inside 20cm of the T8 10%UVB tube if there is reflector behind it..
Hello,
i try to get better reflector, but now i got only 2 pcs same reflectors (what we are using now, you see in the photo) im little bit today upgraded UVB lighting, look the sketch in photo (im bought 2 bulb from arcdadia brand, T8 and T5. T5 im delivery date is this Thursday

full

Drache613":1nywka78 said:
keep us posted on him.
im really scare for my beardy, its horrible hard to feed them, im trying all feding metodic from this forum. When i try feed them, beardy run away from me, when i without food him is cute and friendly..]

More :Emergency sick lizard food and feeding techniques
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=249501
See this for required kit and tips for giving liquid food substitutes and oral meds to reptiles :
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=232687
im trying, beardy now hates me i think :)

If the local vet is still open buy a 1 ml syringe and a nozzle ,
The local pet shop MIGHT have VetaFarm products , if they do buy a bottle of VetaFarm HerpaBoost or VetaFarm Crittacare Reptile OR EQUIVALENT ( Oxbow Carnivore Critical Care is very good ).
Info :
https://vetafarm.com.au/product-categor ... -products/
https://vetafarm.com.au/product/herpaboost/
https://www.vetsupply.com.au/supplement ... p2060.aspx
https://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/our-p ... ivore-care
im ask vetafarm at the local vet, they said try to get vetafarm products.
Now i can bought that products (without long delivery time)
1. https://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/Critical-Care-Formula-CCF_5.aspx
2. https://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/ACE-High.aspx
3. https://verm-x.com/verm-x-reptiles
4. https://www.vetark.co.uk/Shop/Reptiles/Health/Reptoboost.aspx
thats all product have local pet shop.
Syringe and a nozzle i bought few days ago.

These are very potent vitamin and protein fortified liquid food substitutes that are very good , I've used the VETAFARM products with rescued lizards who looked like were very close to being beyond saving who recovered and made almost miraculous comebacks. My latest Fluffy the water skink has become a house pet and has thrived and become ubertame and friendly.
what you think about https://www.repe.lt/specialus-maistas/repashy thats superfood products? i can bought it, they are in my local pet shope.

that wont be an issue . Is it sunny where you are , you could take beardie outside to sit in the sun on your lap or chest or tummy for maybe an hour every few days , this will help boost his metabolism and immune system and vitD3 levels.
from yesterday im with my beardy chill outside ant get sunbath together from 30min to one houer every day (if we have sunny day)

I'd definitely be ditching that horrible kitty litter junk. Is very nasty stuff and will hold moisture and be great media for molds, viruses and bacteria to go in. And it's not digestable either.
Better off buying some Scott-towel or equivalent (absorbant paper toweling) ,or raiding the pantry and laying a couple of layers of the paper sheeting down as the bedding. Makes for very easy cleanup, simply lift out the soiled or wet sheets and replace.
fixed, now is ugly stuff changed to paper.

Dragons with renal issues (problems with their kidneys) tend to become very thirsty . I'd pass that onto the vet.

Dripping water on the dragon's snout and allowing the drops to drain to the lips will encourage a dragon to drink (if it's feeling thirsty).
Giving live insects such as silkworms is a very way of getting a dragon some hydration.
Giving fresh leafy greens and moisture rich veg and fruit ( strawberries , kiwi fruit say) will help hydrate a dragon , even if you have to handfeed these in small pieces.

Dripping water on the dragon snout and allowing the drops to drain to the lips not working, they wont to drink. Trying with fresh leafy greens an fruit still not working..beardy not interesting to any foods :(

So you were able to get a T5 Arcadia ordered? Those are excellent bulbs. You can just
try to get him outside for short time periods under your supervision, while you are waiting for
the new bulbs to come in. As suggested, the T8 bulbs are fine for now, until you can get the
new ones delivered.
im ordered 2 UVB bulb, one arcadia d3 12% T5 55 cm long and arcadia d3 12% T8 60 cm long

don't think he has too much of a direct kidney issue but most of it is going to be caused by
imbalances of vitamins & nutrients, etc. Once you can get those corrected, I feel that his overall
blood ratio values will greatly improve
im want to believe that, im trying all what i cant to do. My girl is jealous of a lizard becouse all my mind focus on beardy

Have you stopped all supplementation for now, for a couple of weeks to detox & flush out his
system right now? I feel that would be a good idea.
yes, stopped all supplementation

I agree, try using a different substrate/bedding for him, so it doesn't impact him. Try non adhesive
textured slate tiles, brown butcher's paper, reptile carpet or felt.
changed to paper, and i want to get reptile carpet

I owe you an email, so I will make more comments via email to you also. Let us know how he
is doing.
okey :)

AHBD":1nywka78 said:
The t8 is O.K as long as you can mount it inside the tank. And the bedding may be a serious impaction risk. If she eats any of it , it will swell up and block her intestines. Best to get rid of it !
ordered t5 and t8 arcadia bulbs. try to install to at once. T8 where is small distance and t5 there is bigest distance. Bedding changed to paper.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good. The t8 was fine just where it is, your beardie would get plenty of uvb exposure from that. And forget about force feeding, your dragon is good shape and will start eating when it's needed. Try a bit of honey mixed with water to drip on his snout. They like honey.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You should have a good variety of bulbs to use. It will just depend on which one you use as to
the distance of your light placement.
How is he doing today?
I agree, his physical condition does look good. Maybe just try for hydration but not syringed
feeding right now, he doesn't need it.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AHBD":3flbtid8 said:
That's good. The t8 was fine just where it is, your beardie would get plenty of uvb exposure from that. And forget about force feeding, your dragon is good shape and will start eating when it's needed. Try a bit of honey mixed with water to drip on his snout. They like honey.

I found a gentle way to assist feed a sick dragon or skink is to dab a droplet of honey on the lips just under the nose , they get the smell and that encourages them to lick the honey off , while the lizard is licking then using a syringe filled with either HerpaBoost or Reptile Crittacare deposit some of this the same spot as the honey was , I've found that skinks and dragons like the taste of HerpaBoost and of Crittacare and readily lick it off their snouts.
Will be slow and time consuming , and you might only 2ml of liquid food into him in session , so it's a matter of several sessions per day.
They soon get the hang of it and my latest rescue (Fluffy a water skink) was wanting to lick the nozzle (on the end of the syringe before I even deposited the Crittacare on her snout/lips.
She was soon wanting to feed herself in her tub from a food dish.

So I had a 5ml syringe full of manuka medihoney , I used a 14G blunt drawing needle to get the honey out of the tube Activon Medihoney tube into the syringe , then simply swapped to 14G syringe nozzle to deposit the honey a drop at time on the lizard's lips.
I had a 5ml syringe full of CrittaCare that I used an 8G feeding needle to draw the slurry into the syringe , and I then replaced the feeding needle with a 14G syringe nozzle to deposit the food on the lizard's snout and lips …. absolutely no stress and forced feeding here.

The Herpaboost or Reptile Crittacare and the honey can be stored in the refrigerator in the syringes.
You can buy little syringe caps that fit on the end the needle attaches to , these are very easy to find on Ebay and will stop the food from coming into contact with the air and going off or drying out. I was storing in the syringe in the fridge for up to a week (it took that long to get a syringe full of honey or CrittaCare into the skink).

I wouldn't be resorting to FORCED FEEDING unless it's necessary, if this proves necessary have the vet demonstrate the procedure to you and teach you how to do it.

You are in Europe (?) from https://www.vetproductsdirect.com/shipment/

Just takes some time and patience.

exoticliz

Original Poster
Hello,

sorry to rarely write in forrum. I read all your comments on the phone right away, but I have to try all metodics what get from you, and wont have something to say new.

Beardie still active, but not interesting in any of food.. no insect no greens no fruit..

kingofnobbys":3oydfov1 said:
AHBD":3oydfov1 said:

I found a gentle way to assist feed a sick dragon or skink is to dab a droplet of honey on the lips just under the nose , they get the smell and that encourages them to lick the honey off , while the lizard is licking then using a syringe filled with either HerpaBoost or Reptile Crittacare deposit some of this the same spot as the honey was , I've found that skinks and dragons like the taste of HerpaBoost and of Crittacare and readily lick it off their snouts.
Will be slow and time consuming , and you might only 2ml of liquid food into him in session , so it's a matter of several sessions per day.
They soon get the hang of it and my latest rescue (Fluffy a water skink) was wanting to lick the nozzle (on the end of the syringe before I even deposited the Crittacare on her snout/lips.
She was soon wanting to feed herself in her tub from a food dish.

So I had a 5ml syringe full of manuka medihoney , I used a 14G blunt drawing needle to get the honey out of the tube Activon Medihoney tube into the syringe , then simply swapped to 14G syringe nozzle to deposit the honey a drop at time on the lizard's lips.
I had a 5ml syringe full of CrittaCare that I used an 8G feeding needle to draw the slurry into the syringe , and I then replaced the feeding needle with a 14G syringe nozzle to deposit the food on the lizard's snout and lips …. absolutely no stress and forced feeding here.

The Herpaboost or Reptile Crittacare and the honey can be stored in the refrigerator in the syringes.
You can buy little syringe caps that fit on the end the needle attaches to , these are very easy to find on Ebay and will stop the food from coming into contact with the air and going off or drying out. I was storing in the syringe in the fridge for up to a week (it took that long to get a syringe full of honey or CrittaCare into the skink).

I wouldn't be resorting to FORCED FEEDING unless it's necessary, if this proves necessary have the vet demonstrate the procedure to you and teach you how to do it.

You are in Europe (?) from https://www.vetproductsdirect.com/shipment/

Just takes some time and patience.
perfect, and it really work. I put some honey with water from syringe on the lip and after critical care, and lizard lick it all.
yes im from europe - ordered.

full

Drache613":3oydfov1 said:
You should have a good variety of bulbs to use. It will just depend on which one you use as to
the distance of your light placement.
How is he doing today?
I agree, his physical condition does look good. Maybe just try for hydration but not syringed
feeding right now, he doesn't need it.
can beardy get to much UVB with two tubes? with one t5 and one t8? how i wrote before and share a pic? what a minimum distance from beardy to uvb? do not harm his eyes ?
Maybe better leave one t5 or one t8? in this distance? what you think?

AHBD":3oydfov1 said:
i try water with honey, and i see beardy really love it:)
now i don't understand, what to do with me uvb, leave only t8 only t5 or leave both bulbs? what a minimum distance from uvb to beardy? i dont harm beardy eyes or give to much uvb

Now im really scare, i found some saliva on beardy lips...
full

and i dont get answers for that products:
1. https://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/Critical-Care-Formula-CCF_5.aspx
2. https://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/ACE-High.aspx
3. https://verm-x.com/verm-x-reptiles
4. https://www.vetark.co.uk/Shop/Reptiles/Health/Reptoboost.aspx

can i use it?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So he liked the honey and ate some Critical Care as well ? If so that's great and that's all you need for now. Don't order a bunch of stuff. You can even make smoothies with good greens like collard, turnip, mustard, dandelion, etc. to add to the Critical Care. The C. C. has lots of nutrients and high calorie so you don't need anything else . Hopefully after a while he will begin to eat on his own again, beardies can go through phases like this.

The bit of saliva is not much, was it soon after he ate ? He looks fine. :) If you're worried that he's starting a respiratory infection he would be breathing heavily and possibly coughing or making popping sounds when he breathes.

As for the bulbs, just use the t5 for now and keep the t8 for future after 10-12 months , then you can mount it in the tank if you want to use it , or just get another t5.

exoticliz

Original Poster
AHBD":10ybxj4o said:
So he liked the honey and ate some Critical Care as well ? If so that's great and that's all you need for now. Don't order a bunch of stuff. You can even make smoothies with good greens like collard, turnip, mustard, dandelion, etc. to add to the Critical Care. The C. C. has lots of nutrients and high calorie so you don't need anything else . Hopefully after a while he will begin to eat on his own again, beardies can go through phases like this.

The bit of saliva is not much, was it soon after he ate ? He looks fine. :) If you're worried that he's starting a respiratory infection he would be breathing heavily and possibly coughing or making popping sounds when he breathes.

As for the bulbs, just use the t5 for now and keep the t8 for future after 10-12 months , then you can mount it in the tank if you want to use it , or just get another t5.

Yes, him really like the honey and eat some critical care when im drop from syringe on him lips.. i think is good news :) im understand, but i want try all what i can to help him.. :)
i after one week try to make a blood test again..

the saliva on him lips i found yesterday, and today it still on him lips.. i dont hear any strange in him breathing.. but now him sleaps with litle bit opened mounth

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Sound's like you have this under control. Yep they love the taste of honey , the critical care probably is nice tasting too to encourage reptile to eat it.

Keep an eye out for respiratory infection , if he develops one , ask the vet about nebulizing F10 to help nip it in the bud.

exoticliz

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1hn7lyvf said:
Sound's like you have this under control. Yep they love the taste of honey , the critical care probably is nice tasting too to encourage reptile to eat it.

Keep an eye out for respiratory infection , if he develops one , ask the vet about nebulizing F10 to help nip it in the bud.

Hello,

sorry for my delayed reply, im just not have nothing new to say.
Beardy eat critical care but dont have any positive result. Yesterday my beardy eat one dubia cockroach and few greens.. today again no interested to any food.. only critical care.

Im try all but dont have any result... i think him got a respiratory infection, im asked in local vet for nebulizing F10 but dont get that... so today im sent requast to vet in other citys.. and waiting answer.. if they have it.. try to get.

one more question, respiratory infection can be a reason for that blood results?
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom