Need shipping advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lele

Hatchling Member
Hi all
Hope someone can help me with this asap. I flew from RI to FL with Eleye, my adult dragon. I ran into a problem due to wrong information. I was able to get us down here but cannot fly him back. Therefore, will have to ship him over night & NOT happy abt it.

I am leaving Sunday so need to do it this week. I called FedEx animal line twice with no reply, need shipping boxes, etc on short notice. Anyone familiar with shipyourreptiles.com? Have any advice?
Thanks!

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I'm not familiar with the process, but maybe a quick call to a reputable dragon breeder can get you the information you need as they will have an established process and/or vendor, and can also maybe give you some do's & don'ts. You could try Rainbow Bearded Dragons , Dachiu Dragons , or Dragon's Den.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear this. Using a dedicated shipping company is probably your best bet. Shipyourreptiles is mentioned often when it comes to shipping, but I don't have any first hand experience with them. If the shipping can't happen that quickly (I'd imagine they can help with a week notice) would you be able to get a one way rental and drive back up? I know it's a full two day drive but dragons tend to handle road trips pretty well.

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
Ship Your Reptiles ships using FedEx Express. They will help you with best practices to ensure safety. I don't know what part of Florida you are in but Tammy at Draggin Tails is a long established Florida breeder with a ton of experience in shipping. I am sure she would be willing to advise you if you google and give her a call. She is very nice and knows her stuff.

Kyle

lele

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. When I finally heard from FedEx I find out they contract with shipyourreptiles.com! I had been looking @ them last week. Anyway, called yesterday, talked to Doc & I think I'm good to go. I'll let you know once we're settled back home!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, did you talk to someone from http://www.shipyourreptiles.com ? Or just someone from Fedex ? A Fedex employee won't be helpful but the shipping co. has all the info on their website. Shipping is easy but be sure to check the temps. in FL. and if it's very hot you might need to add just a very small cool pack to your insulated shipping box. Do you have someone in R.I to receive her ? You need to ship before the weekend otherwise the box will get hung up in a warehouse and not delivered until Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom