watery, loose poop, doesn’t have any shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryptidz

My beardie is 1 year old and recently his poop has been quite large and loose and has been accompanied with a puddle, it isn’t firm and looks almost mushy? but not like completely liquidy or squished if you know what i mean. He doesn’t poop everyday it’s more like once every 2/3 days. He hasn’t lost his appetite at all and doesn’t seem to be any less active or tired than usual so I don’t know if it’s parasites, could it just be he’s getting too much water from his veggies and that’s what’s causing the excess liquid and mushiness?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Could be -- what about the smell ? Is it enough to clear the room?
Karrie

kryptidz

Original Poster
KarrieRee":30c5aj78 said:
Could be -- what about the smell ? Is it enough to clear the room?
Karrie

it smells quite strong but it always has been quite smelly i don’t think it’s gotten too much worse than usual

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Usually if they have a high count it effects their eating -- so it could be just the diet- post a pic of his poop
Karrie

kryptidz

Original Poster
KarrieRee":9gzd46hu said:
Usually if they have a high count it effects their eating -- so it could be just the diet- post a pic of his poop
Karrie

i’m an ***** and forgot to take a pic before cleaning it up but he’s due to poop again tomorrow so i’ll post a pic then

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That's ok tomorrow -- see what some others say and you can always take it in too and have it tested
Karrie

kryptidz

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3m0ukp52 said:
That's ok tomorrow -- see what some others say and you can always take it in too and have it tested
Karrie

i actually found the photo i’m not sure how to add it in tho

kryptidz

Original Poster
104760-5058571873.jpg

hoping this works, it had been there for about 3-5 hours before i came home and found it so it had dried a little since he did it. it is browner irl my camera makes it look a lot darker than it actually is

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How long has it looked that way? It could just be an upset stomach if it has only been like that for a few weeks. If he is acting normally otherwise it may just be from food or excess water passing through as you said. It certainly couldn't hurt to have a vet check a sample for parasites if it continues like that for an extended period of time though.

kryptidz

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2tdhe5hy said:
How long has it looked that way? It could just be an upset stomach if it has only been like that for a few weeks. If he is acting normally otherwise it may just be from food or excess water passing through as you said. It certainly couldn't hurt to have a vet check a sample for parasites if it continues like that for an extended period of time though.

it’s been like that for about a month, i think i’m going to go to a vet in a few weeks if it doesn’t change i just wanted some opinions of it it looked normalish or not

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Normal is kind of relative to the dragon. If it has looked like that for a month and it isn't how it used to look, and there haven't been any significant diet changes recently, I'd probably have a vet check a sample to see if something is off.

kryptidz

Original Poster
CooperDragon":103ndi5y said:
Normal is kind of relative to the dragon. If it has looked like that for a month and it isn't how it used to look, and there haven't been any significant diet changes recently, I'd probably have a vet check a sample to see if something is off.

i changed him from crickets to roaches a little bit before his poop started looking like that, would his poop have returned to normal by now if that had affected it?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible the change affected him, but I'd imagine he'd adjust after a month. It may be coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom